Part 2- Ponder The Question

Tsukishima's POV:

My mother looked at me with the biggest grin I've ever seen her do. "When are you and Yamaguchi gonna date?" Her voice kept ringing in my ears. My head dropped as she was cackling at me.

I looked back up to her and I had no words, not even a snarky remark. My mouth hung agape, waiting for my brain to give it something to say. Meanwhile, my brain was being fried with the thoughts of dating my best friend. I could feel my cheeks heating up.

My mom was still cackling and almost falling out of her chair. I ate as quickly as I can and headed back upstairs to my room. I shut the door and the faint laughing sounds still came through.

I grabbed my phone and put on my headphones and blasted the shared playlist between Yams and I. Then I went to lay on my bed and noticed Yams sweater on my desk chair, then his blanket from the last time he slept over, then a shirt in my laundry basket that I knew for sure wasn't mine.

Everywhere I look he's there...

POV SWITCH 😩
Yamaguchi's POV:

After getting home, my mom had called me down from my room for dinner. I came down and my mom had a huge grin plastered on her face. I gulped, very audibly. "What's for dinner mom?" She didn't answer and her grin grew. The little voice in the back of my mind was telling to run.

"So, Tadashi~" she set the big casserole dish down in the middle of the table. She then sat across from me. "When are you and Kei gonna have you next sleepover?" I furrowed my brows, "THATS what you wanted to ask?"

"Oh sweet heart, just answer the question." I could sense the crazy seeping from my mothers words. "I- I don't know mom. Tsukki hasn't invited me over and I haven't invited him over." My mom placed her elbow on the table and rested her head in her hand. "Well, would you like to have another one soon?"

I sat there confused, what is she getting at??? "Mom, he's my best friend, of course I want another sleepover with him." I say as I rest my fork on the edge of my plate. "Only a best friend?"

I nearly choked on my food.

I ate quickly and ran up to my room to get out of THAT mess. I had my headphones on listening to Tsukki's playlist that he lets me listen to sometimes. My thumb hovering over the send button for texting Tsukki. It was only "Hey what's up Tsukki?" But after the comment my mother made I wasn't so sure if I should.

Screw it. I hit send.

A/N okay so idk where this is heading but I'll try to make it make sense. SEE YALL LATER BAI