1o

"Olivia?"

"Yep!"

"But... why?"

...

Sebastian found himself stuck in his hazy thoughts for a brief moment, before he realized that [Name] had questioned him out of nowhere.

The look in her eyes was intense. She refused to calm her drumming heart, refused to accept that what she felt was, strangely, some type of anger (jealousy, perhaps?). But then again, she was confused and just... needed to know.

Who is Olivia, and why wasn't her name on that red-tabbed file like Sebastian made it seem?

Struggling to come up with a reasonable response, Sebastian sighed quietly, showing her a look of disappointment before she dropped her head. "Why do you ask of all sudden?"

"Just answer the question," she replied quickly, every word pronounced sharp and firm. Maintaining her gaze fixed on the floor, the hand on the door knob was still tight and shaky, along with her body as she anticipated for an answer.

Sebastian kept on staring at her, blinking unnecessarily in confusion. "I can't... I just don't understand."

How did you even figure it out? That's what he actually wondered behind that blank expression.

"That name...Olivia," she whispered shakily. "Something about that name makes me so... sad. Please tell me who she is."

"Because, Sebby, that name is a symbol of peace!"

A light chuckle caused her to raise her head, finding Sebastian searching his coat pocket for a pair of gloves to begin taking turns on slipping them on his hands. I recklessly used that name.

"I guess... I do owe her a visit," he said calmly; his lips curved up into a smile, pulling the right-handed glove snug against his knuckles. He paid her a glance, keeping that smile, only to twist her face into confusion.

"I thought you said...she..." [Name] cut herself off, swallowing thickly. Isn't she dead? She finished the question in her head, although it's as if Sebastian heard her thoughts in an echo.

He removed his scarf. "Are you ready to go?" he asked as he placed the accessory around her exposed neck. She replied with a single nod of her head, yielding Sebastian the chance to turn around and make his way to the front door. But as soon as his hand grabbed the knob, he paused and chuckled.

"Oh. But first I need to pick up a gift—or else she won't forgive me."

***

It has been a silent, thirty-minute car ride, with only the sound of the motor cutting in and their direction has been nothing but a straight line on the road. Sebastian kept his eyes forward, occasionally glancing to his right to check the side mirror when he just wanted to see why the dark haired girl was so quiet.

The bouquet of red roses sat on her lap, her fingers stroked each petal with care as her eyes admired the pure color of red on every bud. Counting how many flowers stems were bulked up, her lips mouthed each number with a focused, low tone.

...Five, six, seven

"[Name]," Sebastian called out in a sharp tone, enough to make her wince, interrupting her counting, and slightly turned her head as he continued. "What did Undertaker tell you, besides your age?"

Oh... She shifted on the seat and sighed. "That... I was lucky that you found me." Her nose wrinkled in guilt, but that should be similar to 'we were fated to meet again' or 'we had a special relationship before I died', right?