Chapter 12

Outside Poppy's pod, Branch waited rather impatiently for the young queen to emerge from her home as he looked around nervously, his ear twitching at every little sound he heard...

He knew the pink pop troll had to pack for the trip they were about to embark on...  but she was taking soooooo long!

Branch had already dodged a bullet, (most likely literally) when he got rid of the note his girlfriend had written for her father... but if Peppy came by and saw the two of them getting ready to leave the village... it was game over...

"Ok! I'm ready!" Poppy shouted, suddenly standing right behind the paranoid survivalist, her arms shooting up into the air in exhilaration.

"AHHH!" Branch screamed out in terror, shocked by the sudden loud voice as he jumped back, quickly spinning around to face the young queen with wide fearful eyes...

Confused, Poppy just stood there staring right at her boyfriend in shock, slightly raising an eyebrow at his odd behavior...

"Are you ok?" she asked in slight concern.
"Uh..." Branch muttered, slowly calming down as he realized it was only his girlfriend who had startled him and not Peppy coming to take his life away... "Yep. I'm good!" he continued with a fake smile and quiet chuckle. "You know me... I'm always a little jumpy..."

     Poppy wasn't buying it

Poppy wasn't buying it... she knew Branch like the back of her hair, and there was definitely something bothering him...

"But Branch..." she started, the blue pop troll quickly cutting her off as he began gently leading her forewords...

"What are we standing around for!? We're burnin' daylight," he laughed innocently, hurrying the two of them out of the village and into the thick brush of the surrounding forest... "We better be going. Ha, ha, ha..."

    Well

Well... the young queen was still quite concerned about her friend... but he was right. There wasn't much time left before the sun set for the night, and she wanted to make as much progress on their journey as possible. So... she ignored Branch's clear signs of distress, a large smile coming to her face as she set off on this remarkable adventure with the one troll she cared about more than anything else in the world...