s h a r d s

(CONTINUATION OF TEARS AND ME)

Friday passed me by quickly and I was afraid that I didn't have enough time to psych myself up for the entire weekend I would be spending with the Sharma's Karan, to be precise. He was the problem, not his family.

"Debaa,Karan's family is here" My mother called from downstairs and my heartbeat quickened
DHAK DHAK DHAK

I made a mental checklist of the things I hoped were in my box.

Clothes? Check.
Underwear? Check
Swimsuit? Check.
Other necessities. Check.

I smiled at myself in the mirror and tucked back a loose strand of  black hair behind my ear before heading downstairs. Mrs Sharma's was in the living room with my mom and they were laughing about something they were checking out on their phone. Mr Sharma and my dad were having one of their usual talks about sports and Samaira rolled her eyes casually at the occupied adults while Karan seemed to be less bothered as he typed away at his phone.

The sight of him took still. my breath away
I cleared my throat loudly to indicate my presence and heads shot up. I was dressed casually and by casually, I mean my usual outfit which consisted of an indian simple refreshing blue suit

"Thank you,,i mean aapne mujhe bulaya aapke saath" I said to the Sharma's

"Its okay,aise nahi kehte" Mrs Sharma smiled and his husband nodded in agreement.

I briefly looked at Karan, but he was still staring down at his phone. I sighed. At least, things were not that awkward.

After exchanging goodbye hugs with my parents, I headed out with the Sharma's and into their SUV. Elders sat in the front seats, Karan sat in the middle and even though I desperately wanted to sit beside him, I ended up in the back seat with Samaira when I got the signal that he wanted no one beside him. His eyes had said it all.

I sighed, resigning to my fate and spent most of time listening to music on Samaira's Ipod while she fiddled with a game on my phone. The ride was mostly silent, but few tidbits of speech were thrown here and there. In an hour, our little party arrived at the lake house.

The house was a lot bigger than I expected. I wasn't one for big houses - I had always preferred the small and cozy types - but for this one I had to make an exception. The house was beautiful and it was situated in a quiet and peaceful location.
(Chahe andar se galiyan de rhi ho)

"It's beautiful," I breathed out in awe as I stared out the window.

"Wait till you see the lake," Samaira nudged me playfully in the side with her elbow.

Karan opened the door and got out, stretching his legs. "Finally." He muttered and I had to resist the temptation of ogling him as he did this.

The rest of us got out of the SUV and got our bags out of the trunk. "Yeh sabse acha  weekend hone walaa hain!" Samaira cheered as she raced to the front door.

"Samaira, aram se," Mr sharma chuckled, waving a bunch of keys in her face. "I've got the keys, you know,"

Samaira rolled her eyes with a laugh. "Just open it already. I'm getting impatient,"

"Kar rha hu" said, fixing the
key into its hole.

The door creaked open to reveal a beautifully furnished house. The walls were painted white and the furniture and decorations were just marvelous. "Tum andar ja rhi ho yah yaha par hi rehna hain?" Karan's voice snapped me out of my daze.

It was only then that I realized I'd been standing in the doorway, obstructing him from walking. The rest of his family were already somewhere else in the house.