two

"Anchors"

"Mason I need to speak with you" Liam stepped into the car and looked at his best friend that was sitted in the drivers seat. He might've just closed the door harder than necessary.

"Well hello to you too" Mason said closing his phone. He looked at Liam and saw that he was all panicked up and stressed. "Liam, what's the matter?" he asked.

"I think Theo's my anchor" he admitted and his heart started racing faster and faster. He was just now acknowledging that.

"Theo? As in Theo Theo?" Mason asked, all faking a puzzled look, but Liam couldn't ever figure that out it hit him in the face. He was a wrapped up mess.

"Yes, Mason. Theo" He admitted again and he let out a heavy sigh.

"Okay, what made you think that?" Mason asked and Liam darted his eyes right up at Mason. He took a deep breath before starting to rumble.

"Well, yesterday when we were at the zoo we came across Nolan and he was pointing at us with a crossbow and then I just lost my shit and jumped on that motherfucker and i was this close Mason, this close" he gestured showing Mason the tiniest space between his fingers. "To rip off that asshole's head and oop- There he was. Making me calm down. When I heard his voice, his heart beat, his breathing, it all went away. All the anger Mason, all of it."

"Is that such a bad thing?" Mason asked and Liam bit his lips, shaking his head.

"Not for me, I-" Liam said and sighed. He even chuckled slightly "I trust him Mason" he said and Mason was smiling at him. "But the others-" he wanted to speak but he was interrupted.

"It doesn't matter 'the others Liam'. You shouldn't care about the others" he said and Liam was looking at him, his eyes glowing "If he controls your anger, and takes care of you and cares about you and you care about him, they just have to suck it up and deal with it" Mason said.

"Do you think he cares about me?" Liam asked and Mason sighed desperately.

"If he didn't, do you think he would have gone with you through all this things? Just about yesterday. If he didn't care about you he wouldn't have gone with you somewhere it was highly risky" Mason said.

"I guess you're right"

"You might just see it for yourself" Mason said "I think you should tell him" he added.

"That he's my anchor?" Liam asked and Mason nodded "What if I loose him Mason?" he asked "I can't loose him..."

"You won't lose him" Mason reassured him. "I know you won't"

"I'll tell him then" Liam smiled but was still questioning.

"Maybe he's more than an anchor to you" Mason said tapping his fingers on the steering wheel.

"What do you mean?" he looked confused at his best friend.

"I mean, maybe he's something more" he said and Liam got the reference.

"Oh no, noo" he laughed at his best friend "Not possible"

"Oh see, right there" Mason pointed at him and tilted his head back "That's the first stage, denial" Liam rolled his eyes.