chapter two

chapter two
━━ magic golden flower

     As soon as Eloise made her way through the doors, she didn't even need to listen to the arguments between the VK's and Maleficent as she already agreed to go to Auradon, her mother — Mother Gothel — dragged her to the side for a little talk

     As soon as Eloise made her way through the doors, she didn't even need to listen to the arguments between the VK's and Maleficent as she already agreed to go to Auradon, her mother — Mother Gothel — dragged her to the side for a little talk. "Don't think this is some sort of getaway, Eloise. You need to remember you are my daughter and I can easily lock you away in a tower for many years," Mother Gothel announced as she patted the blonde girl's hair, brushing it slightly.

     Eloise furrowed her brows. Would Mother really lock her away? Like she did with Rapunzel. The thought of it sent a shiver down her spine, she couldn't handle being locked for eighteen years. "Of course, Mother!" Eloise replied to the first part of that conversation before Mother Gothel laughed slightly.

"For twenty years, I have searched for a way off this island. For twenty years, they have robbed us of our revenge! Revenge of Snow White and her horrible little men, revenge on Aladdin and his bloated Genie, revenge on Rapunzel and that thieving husband of hers, revenge on very sneaky Dalmatian that escaped your clutches!" Maleficent said as she circled the parents, saying the horrendous things they did to innocents.

Eloise frowned her lip slightly. "Oh, but they didn't get Baby, they didn't get the—" Cruella was cut off by her own laughter as she squeezed the toy dog on top of her shoulder.

"And I, Maleficent, the evilest of them all. I will finally have my revenge on Sleeping Beauty and her relentless, little prince," Maleficent said as she admired herself with a petite mirror.

Eloise can remember the first time she heard the story of Sleeping Beauty. It was fascinating but cruel to her, why curse an innocent, pure newborn with no defense for themselves? All over a gathering for her party, she wasn't invited to. Eloise slipped into her own drift before feeling Evie tap her shoulder, declaring the car had arrived.

     "If they have a flower. . . Preferably magic, golden flower please bring it back for mother," Mother Gothel told Eloise, placing a hand onto her long locks before ruffling them again — humming a familiar tune. Eloise nodded her head, she knew she couldn't fight against Mother so why even try? She'd deny any fact of seeing a 'magical flower.' Even if she had seen one.

Entering the limo, Eloise sat down beside Jay, and he and Carlos immediately fought each other for a taste of the sweet candy. Evie sighed as she brushed her brush gently across Mal's cheek, "Ew, stop! I'm plotting. . ." Mal announced before Eloise turned to Evie and tapped her shoulders. "You can paint my face if you please," Eloise said before Evie smiled and began to brush the blush across her cheeks.

"These. . . It's salty like nuts, but it's sweet like I don't know what," Carlos announced as he bit into a chocolate-covered candy. Eloise smiled as she remembered reading across a nutty-flavored candy before in a book, "It's a Peanut Butter Cup, Carl. And they're called chocolates," Eloise told him.

"What would we do without your smart, geeky brain?" Jay asked as he rubbed his knuckle across her hair, messing it up.

"Hey, hey! Jay. Don't mess her hair up," Evie announced as she began to fix the locks upon Eloise's head.

"Look!" Evie shouted as noticing we were going across the bridge — the broken bridge. They all started to scream, fearing for their lives as Jay placed his arms over Eloise, protecting her from any fall that was about to happen. However, golden rings began to surround the car and Eloise noticed the bridge beginning to form in front of them.

"What just happened?" Carlos asked.

"It must be magic," Evie replied.

"Hey, did this little button just open up the magic barrier?" Mal asked as she tapped a black item onto the car, getting the driver's attention. "No, this one opens the magic barrier—" He showed a gold item, "That one opens my garage. And this button. . ." The window began to squeak up, concealing the VK's from the driver.

"Okay. Nasty. I like that guy," Mal replied with a giggle. Eloise smiled slightly before feeling Evie begin to play with her hair, and draw more make-up on her face as they arrived at Auradon Prep.