Prologue

Adeline

When someone you love is dying you try and soak up all the time you have with Left with that person .

My dad was not the best dad by a long shot I mean he did his best he never really wanted kids but he wasn't just going to let my mom throw me in the system .  He was never home a lot Active duty and all but I knew he loved me and my aunt made sure I knew he loved me.

I remember the first time my dad put a gun in my hand he would say it's not the gun that does the damage it's the person that's pulling the trigger.

Now I know what some of you are thinking what was a 12-year-old doing learning how to handle an assault rifle. Well I was wondering the same thing too back then but I think it was only way my dad really knew how to express his love to me. I know he was scared that I wouldn't be able to protect myself and when he was gone all the time so he showed me the tools to protect myself .

My dad would give me a new skill every time he came back and he would expect me to perfect it before he was to returns. And I eventually got good at a lot of things a lot of things you would expect a girl like me to be good at.

I remember it was raining outside and I just got home from school and I didn't think my dad was supposed to be home for another month or so. But there he was sitting on the couch with my aunt. I wasn't stupid I knew something was going on I just didn't want to believe them when they told me.

My dad couldn't be dying he was the strongest man I knew. But It was true and cancer claimed his life a year later right on my 18th birthday.

It's hard to think about that last year with him it was longest my dad ever been home with me we did a lot of things together we really bonded . One of The last things my dad said to me was "it's gonna be hard Addie but your one of the strongest women I know" .He prepared me for a lot of more things that were to come in my life but what he couldn't prepare me for was the shit storm that the world was about to be.

Author-
Hey guys so this is my first book and it's it's gonna be a little different and they will be mature scenes and some gore it is a zombie book but mainly I just wanna ask that nobody really like comes for me if you don't like my book you don't have to read it also there will be some LGBTQ I'm not too good with pronouns and stuff so if I get something wrong please just like kindly let me know in the comments section because I can use all the help. I hope you'll enjoy.
Ps this is a reverseharem so if that makes you uncomfortable I'm sorry oh and there may be some triggering in this book but I will put a warning before the chapter I don't know exactly what kind of triggering scenario it'll be but you'll know when you see it.