1

Adeline

I could feel a headache forming behind my eyes I could already tell it's not gonna be a good day. First the line at the gas station was long as hell and now I'm late asf to my class.

Finally after parking I hurried to my first class only five minutes late thank the lord . I know my professor is gonna say some shit so I just try and sneak in quietly. As I'm sneaking into class I notice a few people huddled around the professor's desk. Normally when I see some stuff like that I normally turn the other way but something about the situation just had my stomach in knots.

As I approached the front of the room I noticed a head of beautiful long blond hair sitting down in the front row trying not to be seen. I smile "Hey riells" he looks a little spooked but when he sees me he quickly relaxes "hi Addi" he says softly. I notice he looks kind of shaken. I point towards the front of the room. "Do you know what's going on"  he turns his pretty hazel eyes towards the front and whispers " she just collapsed she was going over what we were going to be doing today and she said she felt lightheaded and she just collapsed"

As he was speaking his voice gradually got higher and his hands start to shake. I grab his hands and Pull his attention towards me "Hey hey hey breathe Listen to the sound of my voice shh shh follow after me" He starts to gradually calm down as I whisper softly to him and run my fingers thru his hair.

I met Riley on my first day here he was stumbling around looking for his first class and I happened to run into him I had noticed he looked kinda lost and confused. So I pulled him aside and introduced myself and we've been close ever since then. I've always felt really protective of him. He's just too sweet and innocent for this world. A few months after I met him he finally admitted to me that he has really bad anxiety so I try to do everything I can to make him feel comfortable when we're in public and alone .

Turning back to the front of the class after I've calmed him down I let him know I'm gonna go check it out.

I walk closer towards the group And push through to see the professor on the floor and too people kneeling next to her. I recognize as Clark he raises his forest green eyes to me and raises eyebrows as I approach. I ignore him and look to the girl with pretty black hair and ask. "Did anyone call 911"? "We tried but every time we called it says the line is busy I mean it's 911 are they even allowed to be busy". Clarks words set alarm bells off in my head. I reach down to check the professor's puls and feel a very weak rhythm.

I'll look around the group and ask if anyone has any medical background. They all shake their heads as I'm looking around the group. I noticed Majority of them are men. I never really paid attention to my classmates except Riley. I always just went to class, got the work and left.

I sigh get up and start to make my way back towards Riley. As I'm walking back my eyes me a pair of pretty light green ones. "You think this has anything to do with what the news was talking about this morning man they were saying some crazy shit. Talking about people eating people and shit" green eyes says. I look at him confused about to ask him what he's talking about when all of a sudden I hear a scream

I quickly turn back around my hand going to the holster on my waist out of instinct and see the girl That was kneeling next to the professor on the floor with the professor on top of her.

I noticed Clark and another dark-haired guy trying to pull the professor off the girl when I got a closer look. It looks like the professor is biting on her neck holy shit she's definitely biting on her neck if the blood on the floor is any indication. I go to Rush forward and help but green eyes stops me. I look at him with a WTF look and he just whispers harshly "ZOMBIES"! I guess he answered his own question.