Chapter 9: I'm glad we are not friends

Drips of sweat were running down her forehead. Neck, back and chest, probably too. The compilation of epic classical music was still being heard at the basement. The punching bag was swinging back slowly into its static position.

Chaeyoung had just finished her training and was using her microfiber towel to dry her face. She turned down the music and grabbed her water bottle when steps interrupted her mid-drink.

"Looking good!" Dahyun took the last step and gave a thumbs-up to Chaeyoung.

"Dub," Chaeyoung left her water and towel. "is it dinner time?"

"Yep," Dahyun wandered around and punched the bag not managing to move it one bit. "You should hurry."

Chaeyoung smiled at the silly attempt. If anything the bag had moved Dahyun. "Okay," she answered still with heart eyes.

"Look at you all smiley," Dahyun suddenly said. "You seem really happy."

"It's what sports do," Chaeyoung explained. It was a well-known fact that exercising produces positive energy. "I recommend it."

"Yeah," Dahyun scoffed. "Sports."

Chaeyoung frowned. She was not lying. "It's true."

"I know, I know," Dahyun said as she walked to the stairs. "Come on, get changed."

Chaeyoung felt Dahyun was changing the subject but let it pass, she could not be sure and it was not a big deal if the girl did not trust the power a well-exercised body had for the mind.

They had dinner as usual after Chaeyoung washed up and it was time to go to bed, they had classes tomorrow but Dahyun stopped her before they parted ways.

"Hey, Chaeng, it's not that late."

"Yeah, I know, I thoug—"

"What if we see a movie or something? It's been a while since we have had the time," Dahyun proposed interrupting her. She seemed excited. Chaeyoung loved the idea.

"Yes! I actually have skittles and—" Chaeyoung got so happy about it so fast, her thoughts were mixing. She turned around and walked downstairs to the kitchen. "Mom, do we have popcorn?!"

"Hey, hey, not so fast, yes," her mother said. "Left cabinet, at the back."

"We are having a movie night," Chaeyoung explained as she registered the cabinet.

"On a school night? Just don't stay up too late."

"Found it," Chaeyoung found the package and moved to the microwave. Popcorn was made soon enough ready to be taken upstairs as well as a couple of refreshments. She was so ready for this, she had not realized she missed it too until Dahyun had proposed it.

"You are always ready for movie night," Dahyun smiled as she stole some popcorn and they walked into Chaeyoung's room. "I put some blankets and pillows on top of the bed so we don't mess up yours, I also looked for the movie, sounds fun."

"Yeah, I don't mind," Chaeyoung said throwing herself on the bed. She liked any movie if it was with Dahyun.

Soon enough they were cozy and comfortable on top of the bed. Leaving Mina aside, Chaeyoung was not a fan of anyone touching her, except for Dahyun, so she was happily enjoying supporting her head on Dahyun's lap as this one played with her hair from time to time. The scene seemed more romantic than it actually was. For Chaeyoung it meant everything, but they had always been touchy like this. Friendship at its finest.

Half into the movie, though, Chaeyoung felt slightly uncomfortable. She started thinking about how she had not a date yet for the last lesson. Mina had replied to her text but just with an I'll let you know and after a couple of days she had not got another reply. She needed that lesson for this to be real, right?