part two

I scoot my chair away and run off.

I can tell that dad is crying in anger. He's standing up now, and as I turn at the stairs, I can see mom rubbing his back, standing next to him. She's whispering to him, probably about me.

I couldn't care less.

I slammed my door when I got up to my room. I pushed my crap out of the way. I shove over my chair by my desk, and jump onto my bed.

They don't get it! They don't understand that it hurts. I'm not little Alexis anymore. I'm Apollo now. I'm a teenage boy that was born different. And they don't understand.

My phone buzzes under my blankets. I pick it up and scoff, wiping my eye a little.

jane_ina_j4m : Hey, where are you, Apollo? We're almost done packing for the weekend!
ap_0ll0_baby : srry can't make it this time guys :(
t0r1_gr4ph : cmon, pollo! you said that last weekend! we really wanted you to come with this time
ap_0ll0_baby : i know but i have someplace to be. fam stuff :(

Tori reads it and doesn't respond. Jane starts to type, and sends the eye roll emoji. She says it's a joke.

I can't tell if it is.

I sob into my pillow. My family takes up every weekend. I can never hang out with my friends. We planned all week for a nice trip, and my parents decided 20 minutes before I went, to bring up a family event I had to go to.

I formulate a plan.

ap_0ll0_baby : i have a plan, how long will it take you guys to get here?
jane_ina_j4m : probably 20 mins, why?
ap_0ll0_baby : great. head over, ive got a plan.
t0r1_gr4ph : gotcha, be there inna few!

I hate my family, but I have an amazing idea.