How Everything Went South

The next morning your eyes shoot open and you realize your face is soaked in tears. You immediately wipe them as dry as possible with your hands and realize that you've still got your interview at noon. Sitting up quickly, you look over at the digital clock provided by the room and see that it's only five minutes until eleven.

You stand up in a hurry, only to fall back onto wobbly legs. Curse that asshole and his endurance... and that second round after you promised you'd both go to bed. However, that thought does give you a new idea and perspective about your day. With narrowing eyes you remind yourself that it'll be his fault if you miss that interview and you are not about to let that happen, no matter how wobbly your legs or how much your head pounds from the night before.

After brushing your teeth and hair at almost the speed of light, you put on your clothes and begin to search around through Kuroo's things to find what you're looking for. Eventually, you do- in his pockets, you find the keys to his car.

Once the keys are in your possessions, you turn back to the bed and make sure he's still asleep. Thankfully, he hasn't even moved an inch the entire time that you've been awake, and so you decide to take your leave. You quickly slide your feet into your shoes and rush to the door.

As your fingers brush up against the doorknob, you hesitate. Besides your closest friend Kuroo is quite honestly the only friend you've got- the only person who trusts you enough to not wake up and spy on your every move like a hawk. It's a shame that every time you're left alone somewhere you end up making poor decisions. But still, you suck in a deep breath and leave.

Outside the motel, you rush to the car as quickly as possible, hoping to get out of there to make it to your interview with a few minutes to spare. However, just as you get to the car and put your hand on the trunk, you spot a police car nearby. You glance around for a moment and find a policeman talking inside the motel lobby with who seems to be the owner.

Quietly cursing to yourself about the severity of the situation that you've found yourself in, you reiterate over and over to just leave- take the car, take the money he's most likely hiding in the trunk, and just leave before it's too late. However, before you're able to make any kind of decision, you're interrupted by the sound of a man clearing his throat.

"'Cuse me, miss," the voice calls out, causing you to immediately take your hand off the car and put them behind your back as you turn around to face the man whom you then realize is yet another cop.

"Does this car here belong to you?" he asks, as though you'd foolishly answer that without thinking first.

"No," you smile innocently. "I just thought I saw a dog inside and was trying to see if the car was unlocked so I could roll down the window or something!"

The policeman doesn't even bother to look to see whether or not you were lying about the dog. Instead, he once more clears his throat and stands up tall and proud.

"You should walk away miss," he tells you. "This car belongs to a fugitive. I think you should get back to your room. A pretty girl like you doesn't want to get tangled up in all this nonsense."

"Yes, of course," you hum quietly, worried about what will happen if and when you return to your room. "Thank you."

As you walk away from the policeman, you hesitantly head towards your room. You take note every once in awhile, glancing over your shoulder to see him following your footsteps as a grotesque smirk grows on his face.

Thank god for these clothes and I look a bit professional or else he might've taken me in for questioning... or even followed me back to my room, you shiver as you open the door to the room you share with Kuroo (and of whom you forget all about until you step in).

Amid your daydream, a hand is slapped straight across your cheek leaving a merciless burning sensation behind. "Ow," you shout as you reach your hand to grasp onto the sting.

You then find Kuroo in front of you, towering over you and looking down with that dark and seriously pissed off expression of his that he must be fond of considering how much he uses it.

"You were about to take my shit and fucking leave me here?!" he whispers sternly.

"Calm down, I was not!" you lie back.

"No, Y/N," he scoffs with a shake of his head. "I'm not fucking dumb! You took my keys, you fucking left! Look at you, you're even dressed! What, did you forget something and need to come back?" he asks, beginning to ramble on and on.

You roll your eyes at his annoying talk and, after some time of letting him get it all out of his system, you throw your hand over his mouth and tell him, "Shut up, will you? Let me explain what's going on before you begin to accuse me of things that don't matter as much right now!"

It's then that you let go of his mouth and allow him to sit down on the unmade bed before explaining the situation of the two cops outside. Kuroo's eyes widen as he listens to your story and before long he puts his hands on his head as he hunches over towards his lap.

"What the hell are we gonna do?" he grumbles.

"How should I know? There's one right outside the car- our escape- and the other's most likely right about to get the keys from the owner!"

Kuroo then lifts up his head and looks over at you as his posture begins to straighten. "So then what's your plan?" he asks calmly.

"My plan? Why am I the one that needs to come up with something?"

"You're the one with all the big ideas, just tell me what we need to do to get out of this!"

You stare at him a bit awestruck for a moment before coming to terms with a plan that may only assure safety for one of you. However, it is a plan, and that's all that he's asked of you after all.

"Okay, I've got something."