Chapter 1- beginning of summer

Well, my therapist is going to laugh at this when she reads it. Journaling is not for me but it's kind of funny that I'm trying to romanticize my life.

I checked the time, 4:48 pm. I've been packing all day. I leave in 2 weeks. Oh, God. Wiping the sweat off my forehead I lean over to put my phone on the charger before getting up.

Considering I'm 17 I live with my parents and brother. Walking out of my room I turn left after hearing the sound of my brother's frustrated groan.
"Mess up?" I asked, opening the door to his room.

"Yeah, I just can't get the proportions right on this cartoon!" Lifting his sketch pad dramatically to my face for emphasis he also points at his small imperfection.

"You suck, it's amazing. And you're 14." He looked at me annoyed. He knew I was right. I swear you could only tell we are related because of how hard we are on ourselves. Great shared trait.

Waking out of the room I closed the door before walking down to grab my stuff. Water filled. Check. Tennis racket? Check. I called my dad downstairs with an "I'm ready let's go!" Before exiting my house.

I have a match play at my tennis place on Fridays.. today. It keeps me ready for school tennis, plus it is pretty fun.

It's good endurance, and a fun game to play with friends anytime.