Chapter one

Alyssa POV.
Monday June 24, 2020
Beep. Beep. Beep. I heard my alarm going off. I turn over to cut of off. 3:30am, the clock read, I leave for Florida in two hours for college. I hate to leave my parents home but there is no use for me here anymore since they died. It's been almost two years since that night. It still hurts, but I'm glad to be changing everything. I also have a job interview Wednesday for a security job. I really hope I get it because college isn't cheap. I roll out of bed to go take a shower. I stayed up late today packing so I'm super tired. My car and majority of my stuff is already in Florida so that one less thing I have to worry about. I rented a tiny apartment in Florida, it's cute but it's small. After my shower, I get dressed and start to blow dry my hair. I go ahead and put my makeup on and go down stairs to put my bags near the door. I DoorDash some food that is still open this early. As I wait for the food to get here I start thinking about all the memories here. I wish they never went out that night. I wish they were here. I hear my phone ding. It's my ex trying to get ahold of me again. It's been two months Since we broke up. He was really rude to me. I click block on the number as I always do. I heard my door bell ring. My food was here. I quickly eat and then call the Uber to go to the airport. It's already 4:30 am. Only thirty minutes left til my flight. I really hate leaving but I need to go. Meet some new people. My phone dings again and it's my Uber driver letting me know he is here and if I need help with my bags. After that was done, we were on the way to the airport.
4:50AM
I quickly get checked in and go to sit down before my flight is called. They already have my bags except my personal bag. I nervous because I never really been in a airplane before. I play on my phone for a little bit before my head my flight being called. I quickly get up to board the plane. As I'm waiting for take off my mind starts to wonder. Is this the best decision for me to make? Will my parents be proud of me? I put in my earbuds and fall asleep. Only five in a half hours til I'm in Florida.