𝕋𝕎𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕐 𝕋ℍℝ𝔼𝔼

Yazhini

Loud cheers pounced into my ears inciting me to gawk at those cheery faces of the college students. I couldn't recognize most of them.

But why are they snickering though?

Veer had a smirk weaved to his countenance while his gaze lingered on his friends who were surrounding him from both sides.

"I won the bet" he blurted to one of his friends, the guy hissed and fist-bumped Veer, with an aggrieved expression.

And then Veer fist bumped another one of his friends--

Wait-I know this guy!

He was the weird one that scared me during our trek by attempting to touch me.

"Veer...he is a bad guy" I pointed to the creepy fellow, who was now standing right next to Veer. "Oh. Harsha! Why are you being a bad guy?" Veer inquired the spooky fellow named Harsha, but I noticed that Veer's voice is kind of edged with sarcasm.

Or maybe I am overthinking again?

Why would Veer mock me huh?

As soon as Veer asked Harsha the query, both of them burst out into laughter, followed by his other friends. Why are they cracking up!?

"Veer I'm serious" how can he laugh like I said some sort of joke! Did he not realize how awful I would have felt when that fellow pulled that ugly stunt!

"Oh stop being serious and by the way thanks for letting me to win my bet" Veer grinned as I creased my brows at his remarks.

"What bet?" He sighed and got up from his chair. Not understanding what was happening around me, I also got back on my feet.

"A bet to make you love me" I remained quiet until the words of his were registered and deciphered by my brain.

What is he...saying?

"Veer what.." he shook his head and started to converse again. "Yeah see, one of my buddies, this guy-Shravan" he glanced at his friend with whom he had fist bumped first and resumed to speak, fixing his attention on me.

"He said I won't be able to make you fall in love with me, I mean the frequent university topper!!! well, now I had proved him wrong and won the bet we had between us" He chuckled.

My head and heart went eradicated from any thoughts or emotions. Did he deceive me all these days? Just to prove his male ego and for a bet..?

A moment of cessation persisted within me before my eyes got refreshed with tears."You didn't truly love me then?"I looked into his face, vision unclear due to the wetness gathered in my eyes.

I heard many hearty laughs at my question. Still, I wanted to know...If all his actions towards me were entirely for his bet.

Has he not loved me a bit in these days...?

At least a little maybe...

"Love you? Just give me one reason to love you! Come on. Quit talking shits. The days I had spent with you were just useless. All the time I had to talk and you were like some doll, sitting there and keeping mute. That's so fucking annoying....yazh ah no...nerd." I can heed to his words, the bitter words.

I could feel something arduous forming in my throat and a weird sensation emanating in my chest.

"And how the hell did you fall for me this easily without a single doubt huh? A random guy comes and proposes to you, do you not feel a bit skeptical? Or is it that you're just too miserable..? After all! Can't scold you though, people can't resist falling for me" his friends cooed in admiration while I stood there, my legs going weak upon getting humiliated.

Subsequently, I felt him close to me and his breath touched my ears as he whispered a disgusting thing. "If you are too much desperate, you can meet me tonight, I would totally love spending a playful night with you" goosebumps protruded on my skin in anger and complete hatred.

...............

❤️❤️❤️