robaire x gn!reader - there for you

💙

a/n: low-key feel bad starting this book off w angst but this is sum i wrote off the dome 😭i hope y'all enjoy it. i will be working on requests very soon.
gn = gender neutral if y'all didn't know.

summary: robaire has your back.

warnings: panic attack

.
.
.
.

THIS IS IT, the moment you've been waiting for. years and years of loving and supporting 4town you finally got to go to one of their concerts. you were lucky since your parents offered to pay half your ticket as long as you came up with the rest.

your bias, robaire, was the person you wanted to see the most going into the concert. you had always adored the leader since you first got into 4town. you admired his charms and the way he interacted with his fans. you often wished you were the one interacting with him in those videos.

you've been a fan since their debut years ago. 4town never failed to uplift and inspire you. coming to see them was a blessing.

the concert was a blast, the moment they came onto the stage you were tearing up from joy. you almost lost your voice screaming the lyrics of the songs during the concert. as long as you were in that stadium, no bad thoughts or worries had crossed your mind. the only thing you felt was pure happiness.

after the concert, there was a meet & greet with the members which you looked forward to. you had brung gifts and snacks for the members.

at the meet & greet the boys at their table, robaire at the end. the entire time your heart was racing as you edged closer and closer to his table. the other members thanked you for your gifts. after talking to jesse, robaire was next.

you had talked to the other guys fine, but robaire? you've wanted to see him up close for years now. you felt anxious.

what if i say the wrong thing?

what if he doesn't like my cookies?

what if he thinks i'm boring?

every possible bad thought ran through your mind, it felt impossible to bring yourself out of it.

walking to his spot, you felt your heart pace slow down. before you could make eye contact with robaire your body froze.

why can't i move? god please help me. this is so embarrassing.

you felt like you couldn't breathe. with every breath you tried to take, the less air you felt.

you so desperately wanted to cry and curl yourself into a ball and never leave your house again. you kept repeating in your head that it was temporary, but your thoughts wouldn't stop.

immediately, robaire noticed your body language and assumed something was wrong. usually, people are excited, jumping up and down, or crying tears of joy when it comes to these things, but this situation was different.

you were so excited to see him. how could this happen? it felt like everything in that moment stopped and you felt alone in a big ball of darkness. your gift bag dropped to the floor and your eyes began to brim with tears.

worriedly, robaire reached out to you and cupped your face. you couldn't bring yourself to look into his eyes.

"hey, hey, look at me. what's wrong?" he asked softly. he ignored his manager who told him to stay seated and stood up from his table, walking over to you.

"everything was going right. i...i don't know what happened. i don't know why," you sniffled, tears streaming down as he held your face. robaire looked into your e/c eyes and a gentle smile spread across his face. he wiped your tears with his hand and carefully brought you into his arms.

"everything is okay. you're okay. take a few deep breaths, i'm right here, okay?" he whispered, motioning for aaron t to grab your bag off the floor. you did as he said and took a few deep breaths in and some out. after you were done he pulled away from the embrace.

"are you alright now?" he asked.

"yeah...yeah i'm okay now. thank you." you replied, looking down.

"no problem. i couldn't leave you there like that." he went to grab a chair and brought it over to you. "here, sit."

you whispered a small thank you and sat down as he returned to his chair. he began asking you questions about who were and where you came from, changing the mood of the previous moment. talking to robaire made you feel much better. you rambled about the most random things with him. you felt at ease with robaire. you almost forgot you were talking to your idol.

...

robaire managed to convince his manager to let him have extra time with you since they didn't have anything important going on for the rest of the night.

aaron t came over setting your bag down next to your chair. you thanked him and he left, sending you a smile. you brought the bag into your lap, reaching for a cookie that you made for robaire. it was a star with his name frosted on top.

"i made this for you--and don't worry, they're not old. i made them last night." you said handing him the bag, he laughed and took it. "wow this is amazing, y/n. thank you." he smiled at you taking a bite from the cookie. you noticed how his eyes lit up as he ate the cookie.

"this is so good! you make some mean cookies." robaire said, inhaling the rest of the cookie. you blushed and thanked him.

"please tell me you brought more," he said, hoping you'd say yes.

"actually, i have a whole batch left. do you want them?"

"hell yeah i do." robaire rubbed his hands together.

"robaire save some for us!" aaron t shouted from his table. the other members agreed.

"does it look like these cookies have your name on them?" robaire shouted back at t.

robaire and aaron continued bickering back and forth.

you laughed at their behavior, handing robaire another cookie.

...

it was around 10:00 pm and you were getting ready to head home. you said your goodbyes to the other members and before you walked out, robaire pulled you aside at the exit and handed you a note.

you were about to ask what the note was, but he brought you into a hug before you could say anything.

the hug felt warm and comforting, but no hug could beat the one he gave you earlier. you practically melted into his arms.

"i can't believe this is goodbye," you exhaled, hugging him tighter.

"me too, but i'm sure we'll see each other again soon," he reassured, giving you one last smile. he pulled away from the hug and waved goodbye to you as you headed out the door.

you pondered on what robaire said on your way back home. how were you ever going to see him again? you spent your last penny to come to see them, plus their last stop was here. it was dumb for you to hope that you would.

.

.

.

.

.

.

robaire had hope, though.

a/n: let me know if y'all want a second part.

1,214 words.