🧡Five🧡

Yes I know the pictures are old ones sorry xD

After FP1

"Pizza, pizza, pizza" Daniel cheered quietly to himself as he hurriedly ran through the paddock. The first training session didn't go quite as planned and Daniel was a little disappointed with his performance, but he was all the more looking forward to something to eat. It's pizza today.

But before Daniel could get there, he spotted his former teammate Esteban, standing in front of his motorhome, staring blankly into space. Without thinking long, he walked up to him and put on his typical wide grin. "Hey Esteban what's going on, you look like someone died," he called out to the Frenchman, who looked up in surprise when he saw him coming. "Hey Daniel, I don't know either, the training didn't go as I had imagined," explained the Frenchman and lowered his eyes to the ground. Sympathetically Daniel await a hand on his shoulder. "I think it was a bit difficult for all of us today, it will be much better in the second practice session, don't worry," said the Australian and Esteban nodded in understanding. "Well at least your cars don't break apart" he grumbled with a clear grin on his face and Daniel had to laugh too. Esteban's car left a few parts on the track during practice. "How about we go to the others? Today it's pizzaday!" the Australian jumped greedily from one foot to the other and Esteban nodded, laughing, and went ahead.

Daniel pushed the door open to the large dining room with a flourish and was greeted by a lot of talk. "Hey party people" called Daniel with a grin and got a smile from many of the drivers. Together with Esteban, he sat down at the table with the drivers and took part in the conversation. "Do you have a headache like I do?" asked Pierre, who had his head resting on his hands. Apparently he brought up the new cars and got murmurs of agreement. "I'm going to get whiplash from that hopping," Lando pouted and everyone started laughing. "Hey your car doesn't bounce as much as ours." Charles laughed and Carlos nodded with a groan. "Si it makes you very sick". "You're lying, you don't even know how much ours jumps," snapped Lando and looked at his friends indignantly. Here we go again, Lewis thought, running two fingers across his temples.

However, the discussion was quickly interrupted by Alex, who drowned out the boys with his question. "Hey, who's driving for Sebastian now?" he asked, looking at Lance curiously. "Who do you think?" a whole new voice filled the room and everyone looked in the direction of the door where Nico Hülkenberg had appeared in Aston Martin team clothes. "Nico Hüüüüülkenberg!" Daniel was the first to jump up and run towards his former teammate with outstretched arms and hugged him. "I knew it! Did I say it?" Lando exclaimed triumphantly, sticking his tongue out at Alex and George. "Lando, anyone could have said that Nico would step in," laughed Alex, but Lando just made a face in annoyance. "You're stupid" grumbled the Brit mock offended. "Okay, that's enough! Now you're due" George shouted, jumping up from his seat. Lando had jumped up too and was now giggling and running away from George, who was sprinting across the room after him. "Hey, I'm in too" shouted Alex, trying to cut off his British friend's path. "As I can see, not much has changed since I was here the last time" remarked Nico, who watched the three friends with a grin and now also sat down at the table. "They'll never change," laughed Carlos. "But that's a good thing, they've been without Alex for almost a year now and I like them better that way," added the Spaniard and some drivers nodded in agreement. Even if the three friends are really annoying at times, nobody can imagine how boring it would be without them. "Nice to see you back here Nico" Lewis gave the German a friendly smile, which he returned. A loud bang interrupted the conversation and everyone looked back at Lando, George and Alex. They had caught the youngest now and all three had landed on the ground fighting with each other laughing loudly. No, they will never change, Carlos thought contentedly and watched his friends.

After FP2

With a depressed feeling, Yuki walked across the paddock. He felt bad about Lance, he could have avoided the collision on track, even if it was a minor one. He definitely doesn't want to risk a fight, especially not now that the drivers have just settled in so well together. Desperate to apologize to Lance, he hurries towards the Aston Martin motorhome. "Hey Yuki!" Yuki winced at the call. He was so lost in his thoughts that he didn't even notice Zhou walking alongside him for a few meters. "Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you, but you didn't perceive me differently," the rookie laughed with an apologetic look. "Oh, everything's fine, I was just deep in thought and didn't notice you," Yuki explained and slowed down his pace a bit. "Your size doesn't expect you to be able to run that fast, why are you in such a hurry?" the Alfa Romeo driver asked curiously. "Oh... there he is again the everyday joke about my height" Yuki rolled his eyes amused and Zhou put his arm around his shoulders and laughed aswell. "Well, actually, I'm on my way to Lance because of the touching thing," the smaller one now explained and Zhou nodded in understanding. "Well if that's the case, I'd advise you to pick up your fast pace to catch up with him." Zhou pointed his finger forward, where Lance was just exiting the motorhome and walking away. "Oh... Thanks! See you later" Yuki called and then hurried after Lance.

When he caught up, he cleared his throat to get his attention and Lance turned to him. "Oh hey Yuki" he greeted the smaller one who kneaded his hands nervously. "Hey Lance... you... so I'm very sorry about what happened on the track today. The touch didn't have to have happened and it could have been avoided, I don't know why it happened it wasn't on purpose and I understand totally too, if you're mad now, but..." With a quick hand movement, Lance interrupted the younger boy's torrent of words and gave him a smile. "Yuki, that's no problem. Of course it shouldn't have been, but that doesn't mean that I'm angry at all" the Canadian explained and Yuki breathed a sigh of relief. "Oh good. I was worried" he laughed relieved. This was easier than he had thought, but he was glad that Lance took it so calmly.

Later that evening

Exhausted, Lewis collapsed into his hotel bed. The day had been exhausting for all drivers and they really deserved this sleep, which is why they decided to do nothing more today. When Lewis' cell phone started ringing, he let out an annoyed groan and looked at the screen. When he read Sebastian's name, however, he was wide awake and answered the phone. "Hey Seb, are you alright?" he asked immediately, but Seb just laughed at the other end. "No stress Lewis, the house is still standing and I'm still alive. I just wanted to ask how the first day went and how Nico is doing?" "Oh man I worry too much and I'm just tired" Lewis laughed surrendered. "Was the training so strenuous?" Seb asked curiously and Lewis started talking. "Well, the hardest thing is the bouncing of the cars. Some drivers complained in the first practice session and I felt it very much in the second practice session. I didn't really deliver on that either," explained Lewis. "Don't worry, it'll take a while, but you'll get along better with the car by the race at the latest," Seb said encouragingly over the phone. "Thank you for encouraging me like this, it really helps me a lot," said the world champion, smiling slightly to himself. "Nico is doing great, he's a lot of competition for Lance, but he seems to see it very easily," Lewis continued. "Hmm... I hope so. It's not easy to get beaten by a reserve driver. Hopefully Lance doesn't take that to heart," Sebastian remarked concerned. "Hope you can join us again soon" Lewis remarked and a light laugh came from Seb. "I hope so too" the two talked on the phone for a while and then both fell asleep at some point during the conversation.

Meanwhile

George was bursting with joy as he hopped down the hotel hallway to his room. His first training sessions with his new team had been very good and he had even been faster than Lewis. The season couldn't have started any better for him. He has a new team that is doing great, the drivers got along better than ever and he finally had his best friend Alex by his side again. Where is Alex actually? the Brit asked himself and stopped. He turned and walked back up the hall to the Williams driver's room. Oddly enough, the door was ajar. Worried, George pushed the door open and stepped into the room. "Alex?" he called and a little later he heard footsteps. "George what are you doing here?" Alex asked, coming out of the bathroom and now staring at his friend. His eyes looked tired and he looked really beat. "Your door was open, I wanted to see if everything was ok," the Brit explained and looked at Alex with concern, but Alex didn't say anything. "So everything is alright?" George hooked further and now went to his friend. He suddenly had a really bad feeling because he was so happy about his good result and hadn't thought about how Alex could be doing. When he slowly shook his head in response to his question, the feeling didn't get any better and he immediately pulled the Thai into a tight hug. "Tell me what's going on," he whispered and Alex weakly clutched his friend's shirt. "Well, I was hoping for more from the training, better results," he explained. "Why better? Your results were good?" George asked confused. "I used to be a lot further up the field, now I'm almost at the bottom of the table." George raised an eyebrow and cupped his hands on Alex's cheeks to make him look at him. "Hey, now listen. You are no longer in the RedBull but in the Williams. The car is significantly slower and cannot be compared to the RedBull. Your performance has not deteriorated, but the car you drive. You are a great driver." he talked to his best friend. A slight smile crept onto Alex's face and George smiled too. "Thanks Georgie" Alex said and George nodded. "Hey man you look really shitty, how about you go to sleep now" the Brit laughed and pushed his friend towards the bed. "Can you stay here?" Alex asked quietly and George nodded. They snuggled under the covers like they always did before. Ever since they met, it was normal for the friends to share a bed, which is how they felt most comfortable. So they fell asleep, close together.