Chapter 2

RECAP: Blaze and the Monster Machines visit Centopia for the first time and meet Mia and her Centopian friends. Onchao and Kyara get kidnapped.

Paula sighed sadly. "That is horrible. Their poor parents must be heartbroken."

Mia nodded in agreement. "They are, but don't worry, Paula. My friends and I will help find them."

Paula looked to Mia's untouched suitcases. "For now, though, you should finish unpacking. Centopia called before you had the chance to open your first suitcase."

"Yeah, you're right. Maybe unpacking will give me a chance to think of a way to save them."

Paula removed a document from her agenda. "Have you looked over your class schedule yet?"

Mia shook her head as she hung her clothes in the closet. "I would've on the way, but I had Centopia on the brain."

"When don't you have Centopia on the brain?" Paula joked. The girls shared a laugh.

After hanging her clothes, Mia removed her school supplies from another suitcase and placed them neatly in her desk.

Paula decided to address something. "Mia? I've been wondering, now that we're on the topic-now that school's started, how would you like me to cover for you when Centopia calls?"

Mia thought about it. "We can either use the situation to our advantage or the old bathroom excuse."

Paula nodded with a smile. "I figured as such, I'm glad we agree on that. Say, do you think any of the new students will be in our classes?"

Mia shrugged. "Maybe."

Once Mia finished unpacking, the girls changed into their uniforms and prepared for class.

Paula realized something as she put her backpack on. "Mia, did you hear? Violetta's done a complete 180°! She's the nicest person ever now!"

Mia put her own backpack on, making sure the magic book was secure. "Yeah, she really changed over summer break. With how her mom's been treating her, though, I don't blame her for being mean at first."

Paula shook her head. "That's a reason, Mia. Not an excuse. If you ask me, she'll be making amends for her actions until we graduate."

As much as Mia hated to admit it, Paula had a point. Even though Violetta had turned over a new leaf, she had been a bully for years, and forgiveness didn't come overnight. She looked at her schedule. "Looks like my first period is woodworking."

Paula checked her schedule. "Mine is gardening."

Mia checked the time. "We better get to class. It starts in an hour."

"Alright. See you at lunch!"

"See you at lunch, Paula!"

The girls left their dorm room, waved goodbye, then left for their respective classes.

Mia couldn't help but worry about Centopia as she walked to her woodworking class. Were Onchao and Kyara okay? What were the villains doing to them? How were their poor parents coping with this? Mia forced her concerns into the back of her mind for now. She had to focus.

~~~

Meanwhile, Blaze and his friends were en route to their first classes.

AJ turned to Blaze. "Do you think that Mia girl will be in any of our classes?"

Blaze shrugged. "I don't even know if she goes to this school, bud."

Gabby smiled. "I hope we see her again. She was nice."