Chapter 3

RECAP: The team managed to find a scepter piece in the dragon caves, allowing Ono and the elves to reconnect with old friends, but the question remains: Where are Onchao and Kyara?

Mia fidgeted with her friendship ring as she reviewed her completed homework from yesterday. She couldn't help but worry about Onchao and Kyara, especially the latter, who was still too young to defend herself. Who knows where they were, or what was happening to them? Were they being fed? Were they hurt? Had Gargona taken their horns? And their poor parents are worried sick-

A hug from Paula derailed Mia's train of thought. "Mia, you're worried, I get it. But right now you need to focus on your classes."

Mia took a deep breath. "You're right. I can worry about them in Centopia."

Paula smiled. "That's the spirit. Now, let's double check our homework answers to make sure they're correct."

Mia nodded in agreement, and with renewed focus, reviewed her homework with Paula, the girls helping and correcting each other as needed.

~~~

Meanwhile, in Centopia, Ono was enjoying a refreshing drink at a watering hole along with a few other members of his herd.

His sister in law Lavera approached the watering hole, and when Ono saw her, his eyes widened in horror. Her orange braids were dishevelved, her blue eyes had shadows underneath them, and she walked robotically.

She stumbled, and Ono steadied her. "Lavera, are you alright, my dear?"

Lavera shook her head, and drank from the watering hole, next to her wife Balanda. Once she had her fill, she returned to her sleeping area. Ono made a mental note to postpone his sister in law's classes until later in the day. For now, he returned to his wife, who was just waking up.

Ono kissed Lyria. "Good morning, my Queen."

Lyria yawned, in the process of standing up. "Good morning, dear."

Once Lyria was on her hooves, Ono put a wing around her. "I saw your sister at the watering hole. Poor mare looked like she hadn't slept a wink."

Lyria sighed sadly. "Her niece and nephew just got captured, I don't blame her."

"I was considering cancelling her classes until Onchao and Kyara come home due to family emergency, but I think I'll postpone her classes until later on today instead."

"Good call, babe. Just because we don't have our kids right now, doesn't mean the others don't need education. I'll check on her once classes are dismissed."

"Thank you, my dear. I knew you would understand."

Ono gave his wife another kiss, then took to the skies in search of his messenger.

~~~

Back on Earth, Blaze and his friends were having a discussion before class.

"What are we gonna do, guys? How are we supposed to find all those pieces?" Stripes asked, a whiteboard marker in his hand.

"Well, even though we haven't been there long, we have to assume Centopia is huge, so we'll have to comb the entire island carefully." Blaze answered.

"But do we have time for that? Again, Centopia might be HUGE." Crusher had a point.

"Zeg side with Crusher. Need to find pieces now."

"Wait, guys, y'know how Yuko and Mo used the piece they already have as a tracker? What if we just do that?" AJ suggested. "I mean, it's worked once already."