Broken secrets with a King

Rex sighed; the second he walked into the 212th barracks, the vode in gold almost attacked him. "Waxer, Boil, is there something you need?"

"Look at this," Waxer grinned, showing the holo recording from the previous breakfast.

Rex raised an eyebrow but otherwise watched the video. Once it was finished, he chuckled, "that wasn't obvious at all."

Boil and Waxer shared a glance.
"What do you mean?" Boil questioned.

"You don't know?" Rex asked, taking off his bucket so that they could see his shock.

"Don't know what?"

"'Ika is often used as a very affectionate term," Rex smirked.

"I thought it meant little," Waxer frowned.

"Oh, it does, but it is also used affectionately," Rex shrugged, "now, if you excuse me, I have an ori'vod I need to tease."

Boil watched as Rex continued into the room.

"I think the General and Commander are hiding something from us."

Boil turned to look over at Waxer; I also have that feeling. Especially with how Rex just acted."

Waxer heard Drake make a noise behind them. He sighed when he saw that the kitten had run into his heel; again.

-----

Cody grunted as Rex ripped the datapad from his hand. "What is it, Rex?" He sighed.

"It's been less than a day, and you're already trying to do data work!" Rex exclaimed.

Cody sighed, rubbing his forehead, "you want to say something, don't you?"

"I saw a video from that eating-nickname session; that General Tooka called Commander Tooka Cin'ciri'ika," Rex grinned. "Anything to add?"

"The Tooka brain is a lot more simplistic," Cody stated, crossing his arms, "for instance, Commander Tooka should probably be addressed as she because they could not understand being male and giving birth. The use of 'ika would have been because I was smaller."

"Wait, wait, wait," Rex said, grinning, "addressed as she? You went by her at one point."

"No, no," Cody quickly stated, jumping to his feet as Rex did the same, "Commander Tooka did!"

Rex backed up towards the door before smirking, "who is still you." He quickly bolted, hitting the external lock on the way out.

Cody ignored how he managed to leap clear of his desk as he went for the exit, only to hit against the locked door. "Oh, come on!" Cody snarled, slamming his fists against the door. Turning to the control panel, he put in his override, sighing when it flashed green, and the door started to open.

-----

The mess hall went silent as Rex ran into the room like something was on his tail. They turned to face him as he opened his mouth, only for their mouths to open in shock.

Rex grunted as something smashed into him from behind, sending him flying onto his front.

Cody wrapped his arm around Rex's neck, squeezing tight enough that his vod'ika could breathe but not say anything di'kutla. Getting to his feet and dragging Rex to his, he looked around the room, nodding at the various vode, "carry on."

The vode watched in silence as the Commander dragged a fighting Captain out of the room.

Obi-Wan and Anakin paused as they watched Cody drag Rex by the neck towards what they presumed to be Cody's office.

"Should we be–" Anakin started, staring worried at where his Captain was being dragged.

"No, Cody means no harm," Obi-Wan shrugged, briefly reaching out with The Force. "And Rex probably tried to live up to the name of vod'ika."

"Vod'ika?"

"Little sibling or little brother in this case," Obi-Wan grinned, "tend to cause mischief for their older siblings."

Anakin sighed but trusted that Obi-Wan would have stepped in if something was wrong.

-----

Cody got to his office, slamming on the lock once he was sure they were all through the doorway. He carefully threw Rex away, watching as his vod'ika straightened himself out.

"Now, why'd you do that for?" Rex asked, stretching his neck out.

"Now, why'd you go running for?" Cody mimicked.

"Now, was there any need to chase me?" Rex asked.

"Would you rather—Pearl, no biting—rather I talked about the blue incident?" Cody asked, raising an eyebrow.

Rex nearly jumped as he saw the white kitten millimetres off from biting his ankle. "How long–?"

"Pearl and Lana have been in the room the whole time," Cody chuckled. "Pearl chased after you."

"Is she always so ready to bite?" Rex asked, looking down at the questionably innocent look the kitten was giving him.

"General Kenobi still has the scars on his ears from when her hunting instincts first kicked in properly," Cody shrugged

"But, please, never tell the vode the blue incident," Rex begged, "Fives would never let me hear the end of it."

"Well, guess you'll have to behave then," Cody grinned, smirking as Rex groaned into his hands.

805