Never Again

Hey guys! Welcome to my first one-shot, 'Never Again'. The plot is totally my idea and I don't allow anyone to plagiarize or translate it. Please don't hate on the idols or on me on the basis of your reading of this one-shot because it's just a work of fiction that has nothing to do with reality.

Even though it's a one-shot, it took me a whole week to write it because it's quite long (around 14k words). You'll know it when you read it. So please gift me with votes and comments. I'm writing here for free and investing many hours for the same so your votes and comments are really very encouraging for me.

Now, I won't take much of your time. Follow the song recommendations for a better experience. Happy Reading!!

------------------------------------

[Song Recommendation: Travel with me, Taehyung]

He lets the fresh air fill his lungs as he inhales deeply. After the first shower in Seoul, the smell of wet soil refreshes his tired mind and body after a long journey from Las Vegas to Seoul.

Taehyung loves rains. He remembers jumping in the small puddles of water right next to his best friend so that he could drench him and annoy him in the process. The rain was their thing. Whenever it rained, they planned to meet and play together. They sometimes ate ramen together as well because, according to them, the rain enhances the taste of ramen.

Everything about the rain reminds Taehyung of his best friend. Well, an ex-best friend now because they haven't met each other in ten years, that is, since the time Taehyung left Seoul.

"Taehyung! Everything is in the car. Get inside. We should reach the hotel before it starts raining again." Taehyung's mother says to him. He turns around and sees her softly smiling at him. But he can also see the pain in her eyes. The pain has not once left her alone for the past ten years. Taehyung knows about it too because he is going through the same pain, if not more.

He gets inside the car, sitting beside his mother. The driver turns around and asks, "Sir, ma'am, Mr. Min has instructed me to bring you both to the Park Hyatt Hotel. Do you want to go somewhere else before that?"

The woman looks at her son who shakes his head. "Take us to the hotel, please." She requests. The driver nods his head before turning the ignition on.

Taehyung puts the window down, letting the fast-moving breeze caress his face. It feels good.

He stares out of the window and notices the city he has spent the majority of his life in. Seoul has changed quite a lot. The buildings are taller than he can remember, the roads are busier and the whole vibe of the city is way more attractive.

But it is also the same city where he has made countless beautiful memories with his best friend.

"Tae..." His mother calls him. He turns around and looks at her. "Are you okay?" She asks, with a lump in her throat.

Taehyung sighs before nodding, "It's just jet lag." He replies. The woman nods. She knows that her son is lying. Well, he must be partially saying the truth too because a flight from Las Vegas to Seoul is tiring.

"Get some sleep when we reach the hotel, okay?" She says, running her hand through his hair.

Taehyung nods before looking outside the window again. When the car stops at the traffic signal, Taehyung's eyes fall on the diner that he used to frequent when he was a high schooler with his best friend.