Thirteen

Christian

"Fucking bullshit." I yelled throwing a random vase, the shattering of the glass brought me satisfaction.

"Chris, calm down."

"You want me to fucking calm down? She humiliated me, that little thing. You wanted me to be nice to her and look what I get." Marcus raised his hands and dropped them at his side again. "Exactly Marcus, that's what I fucking thought."

"But look, you can't exactly blame her." I went livid at that stupid statement. Marcus was pushing my buttons. The both of us have never really had fights maybe this would be the first.

"I was fighting for her, bull-fucking-shit. I'm not up for this, I'm going to make her pay." I picked up my phone and punched in numbers.

"Hello, Mr Sanders. So sorry for what__"

"Fire her immediately."

"What?"

"You heard me, dammit." I pushed at my hair, almost ripping it off my scalp. I was starting to feel a dull ache at my temples. Fucking icing to the cake.

"Okay sir."

"Do it right now, in the next five minutes, she should be fired." I said coldly. 

"Okay sir." I dropped the phone and threw it but Marcus caught it.

"What are you doing?" He asked, his hands on his hips.

"I'm making her pay." I replied wistfully. 

Marcus came home with her. I had left after she embarrassed me in front of everyone. Anger surged through me at the memory of what she did. Who the fuck does she think she is? What does she think of herself? I wanted her out of my hair but she seemed to me like a good challenge and I have never lost a challenge, she wouldn't be the first one.

"Christian, are you sure about this?"

"Don't ask me any questions."

"Look man, I understand you're angry about what happened but look__"

"Mac please," I begged jamming my hands into my pockets.

"I'll leave you to think about it."

"There's nothing to think about." He just left and as soon as his hand reached for the door knob, I muttered, "call Clara in please."

He just left, he was clearly angry with me or with his lady, I didn't care. Marcus told me she has an ego twice her size and wouldn't ever take any favours from me. How about I crush that ego? That little thing always find a way to run my peace. Where did Felicia meet her?

"Christian," she yelled and I rolled my eyes. I watched her storm over to me and I kept my arms crossed, looking at her carefully.

"How dare you? You told them to fire me, how low can you stoop?" Tears were streaming down her face and she did nothing to stop them. "Do you hate me so much?"

"Yes, I do." I answered, my tone holding no emotion whatsoever and her shoulders slumped.

"I hate you too. So much that it hurts me everyday that I have to wake up and see your face. I hate you so much that it hurts me that I can't kill you. Everyday ends with me regretting why I have not been given the opportunity to kill you."

"Miss Lawal, save your breath. If you must know, you got yourself into this, are you not doing this for money? And you call me names when you took another woman's place at the altar, you fucking amaze me." I watched the guilt flash across her face and I smirked, she couldn't deny I was right.