10

It wasn't too hard for Fluke to find the next target. There were plenty of men in society with questionable reputations who practiced absurd acts, even if not punished by the law. However, as the relationship between him and Ohm evolved into something more serious, he felt his mind drifting in the middle of his self imposed mission of getting the world rid of that kind of people.

For a while, Boun's unexpected help was what made him get away with his crimes. Whenever he was too distracted and left clues behind, the blonde was willing to hide tips of cigarettes, bury fabric, make strands of hair disappear in the air. It was also a happy coincidence that the killer had caught the man doing this, so they were both on the opposite ends of the same thread even if Boun couldn't imagine that.

Yet, recognising that his modus operandi was changing this fast made him scared of his own acts. He was slowly becoming someone he didn't know. All that because of Ohm.

********

"What are you thinking about, love?", Ohm came to Fluke, hugging the slender body from behind and resting his chin on the other's shoulder while the smaller male was chopping a few ingredients to use on their dinner.

"Nothing much!", Fluke turned his head to the side and pecked Ohm's cheek.

"I can't believe you! I can tell when you're lying! Did you know that?", Ohm teased his lover who was taken by surprise and turned to face him, the vegetables forgotten for the meantime.

"Oh really?", Fluke asked, half playful and half concerned at the other's statement. Still, he couldn't help but hug Ohm's neck with his hands and play with the soft strands of hair close to his nape.

"U-hum! Like on the other day when you got late to work. Don't you think I didn't know where you were?", Ohm leaned down to steal a sniff kiss in the crook of his neck. Vanilla scent spilling all around the smooth skin. When they moved in together Ohm was thrilled to realise Fluke's smell was something of his own. He swore he didn't use any kind of perfume and that only made Ohm even more enchanted by his personal and unique scent.

"What? Do you know where I was?", Fluke asked, eyes widening in anxiety. If Ohm got closer than he was, he would be able to hear the loud thuds of his heart.

"Of course, I do! Who else could buy us apples? For sure not me and I believe we don't have a ghost living here, so…", he showed his toothy smile making Fluke sigh in relief.

"Well, Mr. the-best-detective-I-have-ever-seen, apples are good for your health, so let's eat one as you mentioned their existence in this very home!", Fluke parted from their hug and went to the fridge only to feel his wrist being tugged. When he looked back, it was Ohm holding him. The taller one interlocked their fingers and brushed his hand with his thumb.

Ohm chuckled after a few seconds.

"What now?", Fluke tilted his head to the side, curious about his lover's reaction.

"You called it home. It's the first time you do this!"

If the previous smile was cute and sweet, this one was as bright as the sun. Fluke could feel Ohm was feeling happy, proud and in love with him. They both were and after the detective devoured his lips in a deep kiss, Fluke decided he was too intoxicated to think further. He could rest his guard for a while and just enjoy the moment.

The kiss got heated up and it led them to postpone dinner in trade to make love. Because that was what Fluke was used to doing now. After living a life without trusting no one and using his body to get what he needed after his father passed away, he was learning for the first time what true love was and he felt it with every part of his heart and soul.