Theoric

Sigyn was in Valhalla. All night long, Loki and she had enjoyed each other's company, consumed by their love, kissing and pleasuring each other before falling asleep in each other's arms. And there she was, her head resting on her lover's chest, smiling as she could hear the steady rhythm of her heart.

Mine . My heart now. Loki's all mine, forever!

Sigyn stopped herself from giggling, as her mind was lost on a little could of happiness. Loki loved her back, and their future would be gloriously joyful, gleeful, delightful... without a single trouble on the way.

The All-Mother had always supported their friendship, so their love surely would not be a surprise. And without a doubt, their match would be an advantageous one for the realm. Her dowry, with her father's gold and diamonds from his mines, would be hard to resist, and as the daughter of the Queen of Vanaheim, and niece to the ruler of Alfheim, her royal bloodline could not be contested. Her grandfather had been an old friend of Odin, so, Sigyn did not doubt the All-Father would accept her easily as his daughter-in-law.

How wrong she had been.

She felt Loki's hand delicately caressing her arm, and emerged from her sleep, opening one eye... only to find the bed surrounded by Crimson Hawks, pointing their spears at them.

Tyr, their leader, was looking at them, his stern face inscrutable. He threw their clothes at them, and told the two young ladies to get dressed and follow them. Loki and Sigyn looked at each other, worried. But Sigyn, still, was hopeful. Surely, the King and the Queen wanted to talk to them, so they could start arranging the marriage, maybe drafting the contract, preparing the ceremony, picking the flowers with the queen... Oh, this was going to be so lovely.

With a simple gesture, Sigyn turned her purple dress into one of green and gold, Loki's colors, and smiled at her lover. The princess smiled in return, squeezing her hand as the guards were leading them to the throne room.

As she had expected, not many people were present. Odin, sitting on his throne, the All-Mother, by his side and her own mother. Their expressions puzzled Sigyn the most. The All-Mother looked worried, and sad mostly. Her mother had a mocking grin, watching her and Loki with a superior contempt. As for the All-Father, it was obvious he was holding back his fury, for now.

Loki held her breath, shielding Sigyn with her arm, and by a little gesture, told her to stay quiet and let her speak.

"All-Father", Loki spoke calmy, not letting any expression on her face betray her true feelings, "Do not blame Sigyn for this. I am the only guilty here, seducing her into my bed, when I am well-aware of your plans..."

Well-aware of your plans?

Sigyn looked at her lover, confused. What was she talking about? While she had be so confident of their future together, and the legitimacy of their relationship, she was starting to feel nervous as the All-Father's boiling stares were burning her skin.

She had been happy, her heart singing, dreaming of her wedding with her beloved princess, and now, she was feeling more and more ashamed, as all her hopes were beginning to crash down.

And did Loki actually accuse herself of seducing her? Oh no, she was not going to take the blame on herself. She would not let her.

"All-Father", Sigyn interrupted Loki, "All-Mother", she continued, hoping that Odin's wife would take their side, "Please, do not blame Loki. She did not have to seduce me. I love her."

She turned herself to face Loki, smiling at her, looking at her princess with eyes full of adoration.

"She is the love of my life. I don't think I could live a single moment without her by my side. So, if we have your permission, I would like to be her wife. Please."