Follow me

Thor had no clue what was going on. All he knew was that his sister was in pain, and would probably remain so until Ragnarök, because of his father's decision.

Sure, Loki was not truly his sister by blood, and they had known for quite some time Odin's plan to marry them together. However, he saw the Jotun princess as his younger sibling. This would not change, and to marry them was pure folly. Even more now than Loki had found her true love... found and lost, once again, because of the AllFather.

Actually, when he really thought about it, he did have a clue about Loki's pain. The solution would have been so simple, had Odin accepted the situation and let the girls marry.

Weren't they married already? Loki had married Sigyn in the AllFather's Great Hall, in front of all of Asgard. Didn't that count? Of course, he had done that under a false identity, but that was Loki. It was expected of his sister to do the unexpected and marry the girl she loved under some kind of disguise.

So now, he had two sisters? This should have been Valhalla. He should have organized a feast in their honour, toast and drink at their happiness, drunkenly talk with Volstagg of the joys of married life and embarrass the happy couple by picturing the cute little nieces and nephews they soon would have.

Instead of that, they were at war.

He had not expected Lady Sigyn to be so damn powerful. When she had grabbed Gungnir and broke it, he had felt a shiver of terror running down his spine and had held protectively Mjöllnir to his heart. She had made it look so easy! Had she been able to do it from the start, or had the heartbreak increased her powers? To think they had such a fearsome sorceress living peacefully among them, one who could have been part of their royal family, and now...

Now she was their enemy.

Sweet Norns!

His father had really not thought this through! Now, he had a new lance, but it did not hold as much power as Gungnir once did. No smith in Asgard possessed the skill of the dwarves to create such a weapon. And now, the dwarves were on their princess' side.

They truly had lost everything, hadn't they?

Thor feared the most for his father's mental health. During his sleep, he kept calling a woman's name he did not know, "Hela", and every time, his mother's face would whiten, becoming paler than one of Hel's spirits.

Who was she, and why did this come up now?

Loki was not well, obviously, missing her wife and probably regretting not going away with her when she could. Now, Odin had come out of his sleep, and therefore, there was no more reason for her to stay behind. Sometimes, his sister would go to the bridge and stare at the gate. Heimdall would fix her in return, sternly. His friend had told him about their wordless exchanges, as speech was not necessary in these kinds of situations.

Loki would always end up lowering her head in shame, remembering Sigyn's hand seeking hers and her pleading look before Loki turned her back on her. His sister would end up drunk these nights, waking up in beds she did not belong to, with men and women that were not the one she craved for.

Thor pitied his sister and wished he could do something to help her be happier. A reunion with her wife seemed more and more unlikely, mostly with the war going on.

But were they at war, truly?

The Golden Prince did not know what to think. His father kept saying so, but Vanaheim had not attacked them yet. Neither had Nidavellir or Alfheim.

Actually there had been no battling whatsoever. It was a strange, but stressful period. They were expecting something to happen, to begin. Some monster to attack them and kill them in their sleep. But nothing came.