CHAPTER 3

Falcon POV

It was late at night, and I was alone with my little chick snuggled up close to me under a nice warm blanket. He was just so small and cute all wrapped up in a blanket, burying his face into my feathers. My feathers fluffed out a little bit as I nuzzled his cheek, and gave him a kiss on his head. He smiled in his sleep, and clinged to me tightly like a baby.

Me: 'thinking' '~He's so adorable~' *licks his cheek*

Y/N: *sleep talking* "I love you mama."

Me: *giggle* "I love you too, my precious little chick."

He held on to me in his sleep as I wrapped one of my wings around him, and held him close to me. It pains me to know what this poor innocent child went through, all the pain he must've suffered through just to survive as long as he did. The very thought of the events that transpired that night made my blood boil. Humans like that don't deserve to exist on this planet. They deserve to rot in the deepest pits of hell!

Me: 'thinking' 'If I ever find them, I'll make their deaths as slow and painful as mentally and physically possible!' *soft growling*

Just then, I heard an adorable little yawn from under my wing.

Y/N: *baby yawn* *rubs eyes* "What's wrong mama?"

I looked at him with a soft smile, and him gave a little kiss on the cheek.

Me: "Oh, nothing sweetheart. Just lost in thought is all. I'm sorry for waking you up."

Y/N: "It's ok mama." *rubs eyes*

Me: *soft smile* *giggles*

I gently curled my body around him, trying to get him to go back to sleep since it was still really late. He snuggled into me, and buried his face in my feathers with a cute little  giggle. It was the most precious thing I've ever seen or heard in my life!He tried to hug me, bucouldn't even get his little arms around half of my tummy since I'm so much bigger than him. I giggled a bit, and put one of my wings over him, before giving him a kiss on his cheek.

Y/N: *giggles*

Falcon: 'thinking' 'There's that adorable little giggle I love.'

I rubbed my cheek against his face and licked his cheek as his eyes began drooping. He was fighting to stay awake, and I think I know why he didn't want to sleep. He started clinging to me tightly, and I heard him let out a few soft whimpers.

Me: "What's wrong sweetheart?"

Y/N: "You won't leave me, right?"

I felt my heart shatter at the thought of how scared he must be that I'd leave him just like those bastards did.

Me: "Of course I won't baby. I promise, I'll never leave you."

He seemed to calm down a bit after I said that, and rested his head against my chest. His eyes began to close as he let out a little yawn, but he still wasn't fully asleep. That's when I got a idea. I began to softly hum a lullaby while holding him close to me, his head still resting on my chest. It wasn't long until I heard the sound of my little chick snoring softly.

Me: *giggles* "Mama loves you so so much sweetheart." *licks his head* "I'll always take care of you, no matter what happens."

I laid down, and cuddled my baby for a while before eventually falling asleep with him next to me.