Chapter Thirty: Combat of the Courageous

Ceya outstretched her arm and squared data surrounded it. The hazy squares began peeling away to show a bony, clawed arm. A small wind picked up and Ceya's hair fluttered slightly. The further up her arm the data got, the more wind stirred the area.

The data now reached Ceya's shoulder. The wind was violent and made everyone flinch at its power. The data covered Ceya's chest, and more bones were made visible.

The data spread over her stomach and legs. When Ceya's head was finally cloaked in data, the area was coated in light.

The light faded to show SkullGreymon standing above our heroes. "This is what I meant," he said gruffly.

The Digimon were already digivolving. The noise in the area was overwhelming.

"LOPMON, DIGIVOLVE TO...TURUIEMON!"

"NYAROMON, TRIPLE DIGIVOLVE TO...FROZENANGEWOMON!"

"DRACOMON, DIGIVOLVE TO...COREDRAMON!"

"YAAMON, TRIPLE DIGIVOLVE TO...ASTAMON!"

"GABUMON, DIGIVOLVE TO...GARURUMON!"

"PATAMON, DIGIVOLVE TO...ANGEMON!"

"FALCOMON, DIGIVOLVE TO...PECKMON!"

The digivolutions pierced everyone's ears. Maia bared her teeth, ignoring the sound. "You monster!!"

SkullGreymon turned and stared at her. "It was you who brought this on your friend. If you had simply given up yourself, things wouldn't be so difficult."

Maia bit her lip nervously. What if he was right...? She felt an arm around her body. "You Shadow Reigners are the ones responsible for the Digital World's problems! We work to save it from your iron fist!" Maia was startled by the volume of Raegan's voice. Maia turned to her friend and saw one thing alone in Raegan's eyes: pain. It was understandable. Her world was tumbling because of the creature before her.

"Raegan's right!" Kyle agreed. He growled under his breath. Maia felt a small grin form on her lips.

"Thousand Beaks!" Peckmon was on SkullGreymon's head and pecking wildly. The name made more than a little sense now.

"Tweet tweet!" SkullGreymon rumbled. He swatted Peckmon away.

"Falcomon!" Ayame shouted. Peckmon had dedigivolved, and now slumped in his partner's lap.

"Angemon," Maia whispered as her partner flew forward. "Hold back."

"Is it because that's still Ceya?" Angemon asked knowingly.

Maia nodded. "She's still our friend, and we can't hurt her."

Maia...Maia...can you hear me?

"Ceya?" Maia whispered in disbelief and relief.

In your head. This won't be easy for you...but do me a favor...

"What is it?" Maia asked.

I want you to attack full force. Please...

"But-"

Just do it!!

Maia looked at Angemon silently. "Attack...full force..."

Angemon watched as Garurumon was driven into the ground, making the wolf dedigivolve. "But Ceya..."

"Wants us to do this." Maia held back a tear. "Just do it."

Time seemed to slow as Angemon swung his staff. Horror was etched on everyone's faces.

"Inheritor of Courage and Keeper of the same, I believe this is time. Save me...Nori."

Maia was instantly curious. But she had no time to be. Angemon was glowing, and Maia was distracted by this.

Out of Angemon's staff, a gateway appeared. It was golden with intricate lining covering it. "Gate of Destiny!" The voice was echoing and seemed cryptic with every letter. Angemon flew through the now open gate, and a galactic pattern was seen on the other side.

"ANGEMON, DIGIVOLVE TO...MAGNAANGEMON!"

Angemon flew through back through the gateway, now digivolved. Maia gasped and couldn't hide her surprise.

"Let your evil be purified by the light of my power, SkullGreymon," MagnaAngemon announced. All of the DigiDestined stared up in awe. The Digimon watched as well, shocked by the sudden digivolution.

"FrozenAngewomon," Tay hissed. The Digimon flew to her side. "Go find Fumiko. Take Terriermon with you."

FrozenAngewomon nodded, scooping up Terriermon from the nearby ground. The duo was flying through the air when Tay turned to Sam and Coredramon. "You two, Ayame, and Falcomon should go find Anna. Bring her back here."

Sam nodded. Coredramon did the same. The pair got Ayame and Falcomon's attention before sprinting off into the nearby forest.

"Gate of Destiny!" MagnaAngemon made a circle with his sword. The gate sucked in air, prompting the kids to plant their feet to the ground as firmly as they could.

"You difficult angel! This was supposed to be simple!" SkullGreymon growled, trying to not be bothered by the windy gale attempting to suck him in.

"Nothing gets simple when you mess with the Secret Police!" Maia shouted as the wind ceased.

"That didn't work..." Kaez whispered in disbelief.

"Soul Vanisher!" MagnaAngemon suddenly yelled, releasing a column of white light. The light was about to pierce SkullGreymon when a column of blue light stopped the white in its tracks. Orange light from Maia's crest combined with the white shine.

The three lights converged and SkullGreymon screamed. His data was fuzzing. The light made a big bang, and when it dispersed, there was data floating above a human shaped figure.

The data scatters as blue fire hovers over the figure. Fifteen flames outline the Crest of Friendship.

And when the flames go out, the data is gone.

The figure plummeted to the ground. Just before smashing into the layers of sand, MagnaAngemon catches the person, one familiar to all of our heroes.

Ceya.

Maia, Kyle, Raegan, Jimmee, Charlie, Kaez, and Tay gather around MagnaAngemon and Ceya. The girl looked at Maia and smiled weakly. "Thank you." Ceya now looked at Raegan. "And I'm fine, like Apollo Justice, video game hero."

MagnaAngemon watched as Ceya fell unconscious. The group watched in half fear and half relief.

FrozenAngewomon flew nearer, a shivering Fumiko in her arms. Terriermon had his ears wrapped around Fumiko's arms.

"We won," Fumiko whispered. She, too, fell unconscious, the cold water having been too much. She had been out there for almost fifteen minutes, after all.

All the group had to do was wait for Anna, Sam, Ayame, and their partners to get back. Then, they'd finally have this disaster behind them.

But something deep down in everyone's stomachs said that things were going to get more difficult. Nothing else could be expected.

——-

Anna walked through the forest before pausing on a rock. She sat down as Renamon spoke.

"We should go back," the fox suggested. Anna nodded in agreement. But she didn't notice a Dracmon (A/N Not Dracomon) dig one of its claws into her lower arm.

"Anna!"

Anna looked at Renamon. Sam. "I guess you got your wish," the red head told her partner before walking closer to the voice.

———————————

A/N

Oh look, a cliff hanger that didn't kill you guys. XD

In the next chapter...I dunno. I'll figure something out. XD

See you guys Wednesday!

-digital