Chapter Forty Nine: It's Over This Time

Kaez, Jimmee, Hibiki and crew finally slid to a stop in front of Trey, Natsumi, Sam (I'm not listing all of them! Too many DigiDestined!) and company.

"All of us are here now," Trey sighed.

"This street is more crowded than all of New York, though," Ceya said sarcastically (I expected nothing less).

Hibiki shook his head. "Can we just get on with trashing this guy? There might be cake back at the school when we win!"

"Cake!" Anna exclaimed. "Cake is almost as good as cookies!"

"We're getting off topic again!" Kyle shouted.

"All of the Digimon are already at ultimate, so let's just charge in," Charlie said.

Trey coughed, and not at all subtly. "A-HEEEEEM!"

Tay nodded at Wizardmon. "All of them are at ultimate, except Wizardmon."

Trey gasped, pretending to be insulted (and failing). "No need to call us out! I don't see any of you making illusions that could distract enemies so all of our lives could be saved!"

Anna leaned over to Natsumi. "She can make illusions? No wonder I didn't think she had her crest...." Natsumi was confused, but Sam, who had over heard, laughed. (You know, because she sees through illusions? It makes sense...it does!)

"Digimon...ATTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!"

Fourteen of the DigiDestined turned to face Raegan, who had her fist forward with a determined look on her face. To say the least, everybody else sweat dropped awkwardly. "Really?" Ceya asked.

Kaez and Tay ran up to either of Raegan's sides. "One, two three...." Kaez began.

"Oh no," Ceya muttered.

But even Ceya found herself among her friends shouting a passionate, "Digimon...ATTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!"

(Frankly, I don't know what's wrong with those idiot—OW! Tay, do not hit the narrator!)

All fifteen of the Digimon dashed forward. Taomon was at the front, so she started the rain of attacks. "Brush Strike!"

Trey watched Wizardmon rush forwards. She grabbed Hibiki's arm and yanked him over to her side. The magi-illusionist! The illusionist was much stronger than she looked. "Help me digivolve Wizardmon," Trey told him.

Hibiki nodded. "So....if everything is taken by our friends....and ice cream is because the sun is made of fire...you inherit the crest of Desire!"

Trey stared at him in disbelief. "What does that even...I'm not even going to try and ask."

"Okay. What do you want?" Hibiki asked.

Trey stared at him in confusion. "Erm, for Wizardmon to digivolve to ultimate."

"Make it a mission and not just a statement!"

"I want to help Wizardmon digivolve to ultimate!"

"Louder!"

"I WANT TO HELP WIZARDMON DIGIVOLVE TO ULTIMATE!!"

Hibiki grinned at her. "Good."

"How did that help?" Trey asked.

But no reply came from Hibiki, or anybody for that matter.

Trey looked around. Time was frozen. She made a mental note to ask Hibiki her question again when he could actually hear and understand her.

"Inheritor of Desire and Keeper of Perception—wait, how many times have we gone through this?"

Fourteen.