Part II

Hey fans! I know the show can go anywhere right now, but I thought this would be a nice touch. Cried a little writing this, so I know you will too.💕
******************************

Jac remembered her head hurting so bad before she went unconscious. The fog she sank into felt comforting, but scary at the same time. She was very disoriented when she found herself in a forest clearing. She felt like she had woken up from a bad night's sleep; foggy, drained.  Her head pounded as she sat up. She took in her surroundings. There was nothing but trees surrounding her. She was afraid and began crying. She looked up at the sky. "Why won't anyone answer me? Why can't anyone see me? Please, please let someone hear my cries. Help me."

"They can't hear you, Jac. But you can leave them a sign when you're ready." a familiar male voice said. Jac spun around, seeing the last person she expected. She looked at Kian, who smiled warmly.
"Kian?" Jac cried. "Is this a trick? Am I hallucinating?"
"I think not, sweetheart." Kian replied. "I know, I was confused when it happened to me too. You're in Heaven....well, my Heaven. I'm here with Vanessa."
"Vanessa's here too? What is this place?" Jac asked, still staring at Kian. "where am I? How did I get here? What's happening?"

"You're dead, Jac. It's confusing but I'll try to explain it to you. When you get to Heaven, you meet people who you're connected to. Then, when you're ready, you get to choose your own Heaven. I think because of how we were, you came to my Heaven."
"What are you talking about, Kian? You died! We buried you! Don't tell me you're alive now? Is this some sort of joke? What the heck is going on?" Jac exclaimed, looking around.

"Jac, before the drugs, you saved me on that mountain. I hate that I hid the fact I was using from you. We were so happy. I would have been Emma's stepfather. But you left.....and without you there to help me, I got worse. Finally, I just ended it all. I woke up here with Vanessa....remember? My wife who died?"

"It's been over a year...." Jac said, trying to make sense. She was a rational woman, so this was something she never expected. Kian took her hand gently and lead her into the sunlight. A beautiful woman with golden hair was sitting on the riverbank.
"Vanessa, this is Jac."  Kian said as they approached her.
"Nice to finally meet you Jac." Vanessa said, smiling at Jac. "Are you alright?"
"Yes, I just need some air." Jac replied.
"Come sit." Vanessa invited, gesturing toward the water. Jac sat down wearily, and Kian sat down beside them.

"Thank you for making my husband happy, even for such a short time. We are all connected you, see? Fate has a way of letting that happen."

"If I hadn't left Holby, I could have taken care of him...and he could have taken care of me."
"Jac, it's in the past now. He is at peace now and he's with me. That's all that matters."
"How much do I owe you, Vanessa?" Jac asked, glancing at Kian.
"None. It was a gift, and you deserve a gift." Vanessa replied as she stood up.

Kian hugged Jac tightly. "It'll be okay, Jac. You couldn't predict what was going to happen to me, no more than you knew what would happen to you." Jac breathed in Kian's scent, fresh air and woods. She felt her stomach flutter at the memories of them together, waking up with him holding her in his arms, her head against his strong chest. They had a tendency of making out on a whim, tearing each other's clothes off.
She gazed up at him with adoration and said. "You are so handsome, Kian. You look the same as ever. And your smile....your smile is one I've never forgotten."
"That means a lot coming from you, sweetheart. I loved you, I really did."
Jac kissed his cheek softly. She wanted to kiss his lips, but it felt odd with his wife sitting next to them. With the memories of Kian came the the ones of her daughter.

"What about Emma?" Jac asked, tears springing to her eyes. Emma was 10 years old, old enough to understand that her mom was gone.

"She's okay, Jac." Kian said cupping her face.
"How do you know?"
"I'm her guardian angel. If anyone knows anything about her, it's me."
"You mean you're her guardian angel? But why?"
"We don't know why, but we're here to protect her. And that includes you. Now stop worrying. Everything will work itself out." Jac went to stand up, but felt dizzy. Kian caught her, and let her lean against him. For being in such a peaceful place, her mind was  a whirlpool of fear, uncertainty, confusion, and sadness. "Don't worry. We'll get through this. We love each other. We always will." he reassured her. Jac nodded, taking comfort in his words. She didn't know if the truth of his words was helping. He led Jac to a clearing. A cozy-looking bed was under the forest canopy.
"You need to sleep, Jac. Clear your head. Relax." Kian said, placing Jac gently on the bed. He gave her a reassuring smile, which made Jac feel a little better. "Sleep, honey. I'll be here with you the whole time."
"Goodnight, Kian. Thank you." Jac replied. She let her eyes flutter closed, feeling safe in his strong arms. 'This place is so peaceful....it's almost like home.' She thought. As the darkness took hold, Jac fell asleep, knowing she would wake up later with the knowledge she was loved.