Chapter 4: 'Be Our Guest'

Words Count: 3052

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Meanwhile back to the bedroom of the castle where Adabelle is still crying. There is a 'clink, clink, clink' at the door. She gets up and walks over to open the door. Olivia enters with Nicky and their entourage. "Who is it?" Adabelle asked. "Olivia, dear." Olivia said behind the door. The door suddenly opens. "I thought you might like a spot of tea." Olivia said. 

Adabelle was amazed at the fact that she is listening to a walking tea set. "But you...ah...but...I—" She said as she backs away from the tea set. She bumps into a wardrobe named Angel. "Oof. Careful." She said. Adabelle sits on the bed. "This is impossible—" She said. 

Angel is a wardrobe with light colors all over it with gold color handles to open and close along with diamond designs on the doors and on the sides. She leans 'shoulder' on bed, popping other end and Adabelle into the air. "I know it is, but here we are!" She said. As sugar and cream are being poured into the cup as he stood next to his mother. 

"Told ya she was pretty, mama, didn't I?" Nicky asked. "All right, now, Nicky. That'll do." Olivia said to her son. Nicky hops over to Adabelle, who is sitting on the floor. "Slowly, now. Don't spill!" She said. "Thank you." Adabelle said. She picks up Nicky and is about to take a sip of tea. 

"Wanna see me do a trick?" Nicky asked Adabelle. Nicky takes a big breath, then puffs out his cheeks and blows bubbles out the top of the cup. "Nicky!" Olivia said admonishingly. "Oops. Sorry." Nicky said while looking guilty. "That was a very brave thing you did, my dear." Olivia said to Adabelle. "We all think so." Angel said. "But I've lost my father, my dreams, everything." Adabelle said. "Cheer up, child. It'll turn out all right in the end. You'll see." Olivia said. She looks up, startled. 

"Oops! Look at me, jabbering on, when there's a supper to get on the table. Nicky!" She said. Nicky hopping away. "Bye!" He said as he and his mother left Adabelle and Angel in the bedroom. Adabelle stands and Angel approaches her. "Well now, what shall we dress you in for dinner? Let's see what I've got in my drawers." She said. The doors fly open and moths flutter out. She slams them shut. "Oh! How embarrassing. Here we are." Angel said. One door opens, the other serves as an arm. It pulls out a pink dress. "Ah! There, you'll look ravishing in this one!" She said. "That's very kind of you, but I'm not going to dinner." Adabelle said. "Oh, but you must!" Angel said. Ghost waddles in. "Ahem, ahem, ahem. Dinner...is served." He said.

In the semi-dark room with the fireplace lit as the table was already set. Tygra pacing back and forth in front of fire, with Olivia and MC looking on. "What's taking so long? I told her to come down. Why isn't she here yet?!?" Tygra roared. "Oh, try to be patient, sir. The girl has lost her father and her freedom all in one day." Olivia said. "Uh, master. Have you thought that, perhaps, this girl could be the one to break the spell?" MC asked. "Of course, I have. I'm not a fool. Tygra said angrily. "Good. You fall in love with her, she falls in love with you, and—Poof!—the spell is broken! We'll be human again by midnight!" He said as he blows out the candles. "Oh, it's not that easy, MC. These things take time." Olivia said. "But the rose has already begun to wilt." MC said. "It's no use. She's so beautiful, and I'm so...well, look at me!" Tygra said/roared. MC shrugs his shoulders and looks at Olivia. "Oh, you must help her to see past all that." Olivia said. 

"I don't know how." Tygra said. "Well, you can start by making yourself more presentable. Straighten up, try to act like a gentleman." Olivia said. Tygra sits up, then straightens his very formally. "Ah yes when she comes, give her a dashing, debonair smile. Come, come. Show me the smile." MC said adding in. Tygra bears his ragged fangs in a scary, and yet funny grin. "But don't frighten the poor girl." Olivia said. "Impress her with rapier wit." He said.