Chapter 6: "Something there"

Words count: 899

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The next day, outside of the castle. Adabelle is playing in the snow with Phillipe and Samson. Tygra, Ghost and MC watch from the balcony. "I've never felt this way about anyone." Tygra said. 

He looks excited. "I want to do something for her." He said. Then he looks discouraged. "But what?" He asked the duo. "Well, there's the usual things--flowers, chocolates, promises you don't intend to keep..." Ghost said as he put his hands behind his back. "Ahh, no, no. It has to be something very special. Something that sparks her inter--wait a minute." MC said.

Later that same day, hallway leading to library. Tygra and Adabelle are alone. "Adabelle, there's something I want to show you." He said. He begins to open the door, then stops. "But first, you have to close your eyes." He said. She looks at him questioningly. "It's a surprise." He said. Adabelle closes her eyes, and Tygra waves his hand in front of her. Then he opens the door. He leads her in by holding her hands. Just as she enters the room. "Can I open them?" She asked. 

"No, no. Not yet. Wait here." Tygra said as he let go of her hands. Tygra walks away to draw back the curtains. He does, and brilliant sunlight spills into the room. Adabelle flinches reflexively as the light hits her face. "Now can I open them?" She asked. "All right. Now." Tygra said. Adabelle slowly opens her eyes and then she saw the gigantic library filled with books. 

"I can't believe it. I've never seen so many books in all my life!" She said. "You...you like it?" He asked. "It's wonderful." She said. "Then it's yours." He said. Adabelle's eyes lit up with glee as she turn to him. "Oh, thank you so much." She said as she put her hands in his paws. With Adabelle and Tygra in the library, with Objects including Nicky in foreground watching them.

"Oh, would you look at that?" Olivia asked. "Ha, ha! I knew it would work." MC said. "What? What works?" Nicky asked. "It's very encouraging." Ghost said. "Isn't this exciting!" Kansas said. "I didn't see anything." Nicky said. "Come along, Nicky. There's chores to be done in the kitchen. 

"But what are they talking about? What's going on?" Nicky asked. The objects began to walk away.

Later that morning, as it was breakfast time with Adabelle at one end and Tygra at the other, with Olivia between them. Adabelle is served breakfast, and as she begins to eat, she looks at Tygra, gobbling up his food with no table manners whatsoever. Nicky laughs, but Olivia shoots him an admonishing look.

Adabelle turns away and tries to ignore it, but Nicky comes to the rescue. He nudges the spoon with his nose, and Tygra reaches out for it. Adabelle looks at him in wonder as he tries to eat with the spoon, but he has little success. Finally, Adabelle puts down her spoon and lifts her bowl as if in a toast. Tygra looks at the compromise and does the same. They both begin to sip their breakfast out of their bowl.

Later that day, on the clear sunny day, in the courtyard where Adabelle and Tygra are feeding the birds.

(Adabelle):

There's something sweet

And almost kind

But he was mean

And he was coarse and unrefined.

But now he's dear

And so unsure,

I wonder why I didn't see it there before.

Adabelle is trying to attract some birds to Tygra, who shoves a handful of seed at them. Finally, she takes a handful and gently spreads it out, creating a trail. One lands in his hands, and he looks up thrilled.

(Tygra):

She glanced this way

I thought I saw

And when we touched

She didn't shudder at my paw

No it can't be

I'll just ignore

But then she's never looked at me that way before.

Adabelle has ducked around a tree, leaving Tygra with the birds. She begins to look doubtful again but turns her head around the tree and laughs. Tygra is covered with birds.

(Adabelle):

New, and a bit alarming

Who'd have ever thought that this could be?

True, that he's no Prince Charming

But there's something in him that I simply didn't see.

Adabelle throws a snowball at Tygra, who had looked at her proudly after the birds flew away. He begins to gather a large pile of snow. Meanwhile the objects, looking out of a window at the two. From the view from the window, Adabelle throws another snowball at Beast, who drops his huge pile of snow on his head. He chases her around a tree, but she ducks around the other side and sneaks up on him from behind.

(MC):

Well who'd have thought?

(Olivia):

Well bless my soul.

(Ghost):

And who'd have known?

(Olivia):

Well who indeed?

(MC):

And who'd have guessed they'd come together on their own?

(Olivia):

It's so peculiar

[ALL]

We'll wait and see

A few days more

There may be something there that wasn't there before

Later that day, in the den where Adabelle sits in front of a roaring fire as Tygra hung up their capes and reads to Tygra. Objects including Nicky watch from doorway.

(Ghost):

Yes, perhaps there's something there that wasn't there before.

"What?" Nicky asked.

(Olivia):

There may be something there that wasn't there before.

"What's there, mama?" Nicky asked. Olivia shushed her son. "I'll tell you when you're older." She said.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Sakura: Here it is! Sorry for the long wait, I was busy with stuff by helping my sister at her place and setting up for the Easter weekend.