The Truth

"I can't believe there are drug smugglers in Porto Ceso!" Exclaimed Cozzi, his hands on his hips. They found boxes of heroin in a grave they just dug up.

"There's someone there," alerted Anna, who was holding the black lantern.

"He has a gun. Into cover, quick!" Luigi warned.

It was a dark, gloomy, foggy night. The silhouetted figure was not far, about 10 meters away, in some thin mist.

Luigi and Cozzi held their guns out, each with a defensive pose. Anna still managed to have to time to spot how Luigi was so cool like that, then she held her revolver and followed the men's lead.

The trio ambushed behind the tombstones, each waiting for the perfect timing to attack. Anna wasn't as skilled, but in spite of that, she braced herself up with her courage, and felt safe, as Luigi was there. She was crouching down, her knees tickled by the grass.

The atmosphere was intense, both sides were holding their breaths, trying to focus and subdue the other.

Luigi was rather dominant, and confidently turned around, his back away from the tombstone, and aimed on  the enemy in the middle of his sight. He clicked the trigger. Having tremendously good aiming, he got the first knockout of the fight. Meanwhile, Cozzi was at the front left of Anna, working his best to distract the figures opposite, and also grasping opportunities to shoot them.

Anna was listening and feeling the beat of the two policemen's and her enemies' movement. She peeked for a split second for the foes' positions, and she counted for the right timing.

Right... 3...2...1...

She turned her body around and shot an enemy at the left of her view, just as she has planned and expected. "Got him!" She said, while exhaling. The shadowy figure struggled, and hid behind a tombstone, supposedly to be wounded in the arm.

She crouched down slightly, and went for a faster rhythm, as two of the enemies were shot. She repeated her tactic, and successfully shot another one.

"That was a lucky shot," she said, unexpected, as she knew she wasn't quite the skillful shooter. Anna took a short breath and tried keeping her focus mode on.

However, another foe beyond her view was targeting her.

"Anna, look out!" Luigi shouted.

Anna turned around to face her back to the tombstone, when something swiftly flew past her neck. It was a bullet.

"Thhh," Anna reacted in pain, her neck bleeding a little, blood seeping slowly out her soft skin. She didn't back out, even though, the skin felt sour and cold. She didn't feel discouraged, or defeated.

She breathed in to calm herself. This time, counting the time once more, she knelt on her right side, extending her body rightward and low, then locked her aim for a brief moment. She saw only one enemy still ambushing, as Luigi and Cozzi have already wounded a few others while she was focused on her last two shots. She pulled and clicked the trigger, and got the last enemy on the other side. Or as they thought...

Anna sighed in relief, and moved her hand to her wounded neck, which caused her to bite her lip.

"We need to get closer," said Cozzi, looking far ahead.

Luigi saw Anna fussing with her neck and her bitter expressions, so he walked over, worriedly, "Anna, are you alright?"

"I... I'm fine... It's just a small cut," she replied, whimpering a little.

"Anna, stay back, I don't want you hurt while I continue investigating the drugs," said Luigi.

Anna was very touched by his words, but she had to stay strong. She gave a determined look to assure Luigi that she's fine.