I Do

Matt POV

Matt POV

I look in the mirror and finish the final touches to my tux. I could tell today was going to be a great day. It was indeed a very special day for me and Jenna. I had engaged a few months back and thankfully and hopefully she said yes. I felt really nervous but I felt excited to spend the rest of my life with the woman I love. We both found out that junior is only about 2 months away. I personally think the gender is a boy but Jenna thinks otherwise. I was finishing off the last touches to my bow tie when I heard a knock on the door. It was Jenna's step-dad, Christopher.

"Matt how are you?" he says smiling

"Just a bit nervous sir" I say in response

"No need. She loves you a lot. Oh and just call me dad or at least Chris" he says hugging me. I never had a father and this was a special moment for me. I enjoyed every second of it

"Thanks si-Dad" I say

"Here" he hands me a red rose

"What's this for?" I ask confused looking at him

"Pin it on your shirt. It's a small family tradition that I've done for generations. To us it brings good luck and good luck to your future" he smiles

"Well, I'd be honoured" I say pinning the red, rose on my tux, just beneath the left shoulder. Chris looks at me and smiles. He give me thumbs up and gestures me to come with him. I quickly check the time and realise its 11:20. The wedding starts at 11:30. I quickly look in the mirror and take a deep breath. I fix up my tux and walk outside of the dressing room I was in. I walked out onto the aisle and stand in front of the arch. I see Steven and he gives me the thumbs up signal. We invited family and close friends. In the front row was Jenna's Mother and Father along with brother and his girlfriend. The row behind were David and his boy Brock. As for my family not many turned up. Since I haven't heard from my brother or either of my parents for practically my whole life. At least my Grandma was able to make it. She looks at me smiling widely, proud. The organ starts playing and everybody stand up in their seats and turn towards the entrance of the chapel. I stand up straight, take a deep breath and smile. I haven't seen Jenna in two days and I couldn't wait to see her again. First was Jenna's little Sister Sarah. She was throwing white rose petals on the ground followed by Tommy, Jenna's little brother walked in with a small white pillow with the rings.

Tommy had a smaller, mock version of the tux I was wearing. Except he didn't have a black coat. He just had a white t-shirt with a black bow tie, black suspenders and long black pants. He walked over back to his mother along with Sarah. Then Amanda walked in. When she finished walking down the aisle she sat down with David and sat Brock on her lap.

Then the moment. I see Chris linking arms with Jenna. She had a royal blue (Or TARDIS blue up to you) dress and white shoes. The dress wasn't very long but just long enough to trail the ground. She had a big smile on her face and rosy cheeks. I was amazed. Her hair was curled and was left alone after that. She walked up the aisle gracefully and she let go of her step-dad who sat down with her mum. She continued walking up towards me and faced me. She couldn't stop smiling.

"Welcome ladies and gentlemen. We would like to thank you all for turning up to such a wonderful and holy event. Today we have gathered here today to commemorate in the marriage of Jenna Louise Coleman and Matthew Robert Smith." The priest starts.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Do you, Matthew Smith, take Jenna as your lawfully wedded wife?"

"I do" I say proudly, smiling. The priest turns to Jenna and clears his throat

"Do you, Jenna Coleman, take Matthew as your lawfully wedded husband?" She looks at me with excitement

"I do" she says happily

"You may kiss the bride" he steps back and I place a kiss on Jenna's lips. There were sounds of applause and whistling from the crowd. We both hold hands and walk down the aisle happily married. After signing paperwork.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For a reception, we both decided to go to a café down the road from the church. It was one of Jenna's favourite places to go when she wanted a little alone time. We had had lunch and was now onto desert, where we would cut the cake. I stand up and clear my throat. Silence fell across the room all looking over at me.

"Uh I'd like to thank everybody who turned up today. Jenna and I are very super thankful for everybody that did. Today is easily the happiest days of my life well I guess until junior is born." I look over at Jenna who giggled

"Are there any speeches from anybody?" I ask. No response.

"Lets eat some cake!" I say proudly. Everybody applauded and I cut the cake with Jenna. She placed her hand on top of mine, which was situated on the knife and we both cut into it, kissing in the process for photos.

It was the end of the night and we just started our first dance as a couple. The song 'A Thousand Years' by Christina Perri was playing. Which we both decided was our song. We slow danced with each other and she placed her head on my chest, sighing contently.

"I love you" She says looking up at me, grinning

"I love you too" I say in response pecking her lips making her giggle.

It felt like it was just us and the world. I didn't want this to ever end.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for reading!

1.      Sorry if this was somewhat rushed or big bits are missing. I didn't exactly know how to write these types of chapters and I am not really familiar with the process that happens at weddings. Especially with different cultures and religions etc.

2.      I apologise that this is sort of...late. I've been sick lately and I thought that I didn't miss much at school but turns out I missed a HELLA lot so I'm trying to catch up on that. I feel like I'm not updating as much as I should and I deeply apologise for that.

Anyways...

Have a fantastic day!

WhouffleSweetie