'how do they deal with this?!'

time: about 10:30 am, saturday. a bustling neighborhood in sweet jazz city.

"Oh dear-  I told her that I was going to be there-" Niffer'd check her phone. "NOW!" She would anxiously dash out the door of her own home, running down the street of what seemed to be a neighborhood. She didn't really have a concept of time, or if she cared that someone would suddenly appear and try to talk to her. She didn't really know anyone except for like..four people. Coincidentally, she was supposed to be at one of their houses right about now. But because she was spending too much time being off task at her own home (eating cereal, struggling to pick an outfit, etc.), she'd end up being late. Not just late, REALLY late. She was supposed to be there at around 10:00, but it's actually 10:30 something right now. She was really being off task. At this point, she would've felt like turning around to go home and telling her friend that 'something happened and now she can't come over'. But that wouldn't be too..nice of her. So she kept walking. She ended up arriving to her friends house, and knocking on the door.

A little boy, around twelve years old would open the door. "Hi!" The boy had presumably been there- for a while. He looked like he has lived under a rock for longer than he was alive. "Uhm- Pardon me little—" Niffer would say, but end up pausing in the middle of her sentence. "Hey!" A woman, about Niffer's age would walk up behind the little kid. They were the person Niffer was there to see. Her hair was dyed partially blue, and the roots of her hair were brown. Her name? Spike. Niffer didn't know her last name- but she did know her as 'Spike, the girl in school who went from popular to a loser in a day'. Or at least that's what Jenny said about her. "Hey Squirt- Thanks for answering the door, but I told you she was coming over. So you don't have to check." The kid would nod and walk away. Spike would wave. "Hey!" Niffer smiled and waved back in return. "Hey Spike?" Niffer said. She didn't really ask Spike much ninety nine percent of the time. "Hm?".. "How do you deal with your siblings?" Spike shrugged. She didn't really HAVE a way how she dealt with them, she just did. "Dunno. I just deal with them." Niffer'd nod. "Okay."