Part 6

°Kaiden's POV°

I don't know what to feel. Happy? Maybe. Confused? Definitely. Sad? I don't know. How should one feel when finding out you might have more family out there who actually wants you. It's been a week since Karina told us everything, Alec and his group have come and go since then and I can see everyone getting close to all of them. It's a good thing to know there are more people who can put a smile on your face everyday.

I even try to interact with them more. Maybe it's to impress someone or the fact that they seem like genuine nice people. I can tell Alec has eyes for my sister but so far I can't read Karina's feelings. I mean I don't blame her if she has trouble excepting that someone might see her in other ways than just friends. I know. I know exactly what my baby sister went through, she doesn't know I know and Killian definitely doesn't know. I don't like keeping secrets from him but it's not my secret to tell. I just hope she'll find peace and happiness one day.

So here we are in front of the Valentino mansion. I could see the hope in Rina's face. She wants to be a big sister, she wants to know her parents and I understand but that doesn't mean we'll trust them easily. If giving them a chance is what it takes to bring my sister happiness then so be it.

Rina went over to the intercom and took the first step. "Hi are the Valentino's here by any chance?" "Yess who might this be?" I can see the mischievous glint in her eyes, "How about you guess and I tell you if your wrong or not" "What game is this? Who are you? And answer truthfully I don't have time for games" "Ugh your no fun, this is Karina speaking" she went from playful to serious in seconds. The line went silent for about 5 seconds and then the gates opened.

°Karina's POV°

We stood in front of the door when I heard voices coming our way I started getting nervous. What if they don't want us anymore? Eh what am I kidding it won't matter if they want us or not we're only here for answers. The front door opens and the lady from the race stands before us, "You boys are the laziest people I have ever met. In the future I will make you all take turns in answering the door yoursel-" she stopped in her tracks when her eyes landed on us. Her eyes went wide before she started tearing up. I didn't know what to do. I feel so awkward when someone cries. Luckily Killian saved me,"Are you Mrs Valentino?" he asked blankly. "Yess that's me" she whispered back, "We have some questions if you don't mind" "No not at all, please come in" she leaded us to what I assume to be the dining room. We stopped at the entrance and I can just tell they are all in there. She opened the door and for a split second everything went silent and they all just stared at us.

I could already see Killian starting to lose his cool so I broke the silence. "Shall we start?" I ask Mrs Valentino. "Yess of course, please take a seat" we took the only 3 seats that were open. The others were still dead silent. "So you had some questions?" Mrs Valentino asked, starting the conversation. "Yess, it's about the other day" "Ohh I am truly sorry for that I shouldn't have thrown all that on yo-" "What were their names?" Killian interrupted. Then it was silent again. They were scared of our reactions. "Please just answer" "We use to call them the 3 K's, Karina, Killian and Kaiden" The older man finally spoke. That must be dearest dad. I looked over at my twins. Kaiden kept his eyes on the table. Killian stared at the man but I didn't detect any anger or negative emotion in his eyes.

"Where were you?" Kaiden decided to break the silence. "What do you mean sweetie?" Mrs Valentino asked, "I mean where were you the past 16 years!?" he looked up with red eyes, "Where were you? Were you here? Living a happy, healthy life? While we had to suffer!" he started getting more angry. "Kaid, please calm down" I tried to reach for my brother, "No I will not calm down. Did you even look for us?" "Everyday" the boy I am guessing to be the oldest answers as quickly as the question came out of Kaiden's mouth. Kaiden just sat there staring back at him. Mrs Valentino came over to us and gave Kaiden the sign to stand up. As soon as he was on his feet she pulled him into a tight embrace. Kaiden froze for a few seconds before responding and hugging her back. I looked at Killian and saw him looking at them. Ohh they are so gonna be mommas boys. I put my hand on his should and gave him a smile. "I know you want to" I whispered to him. He looks back at them to find Mrs Valen- mom already looking back at him. He got up and went right into her arms. I looked at them with a sad smile. I don't like people touching me. Hugs to me always leaded to my worst nightmares. I looked at the rest of the table. They were all looking at me.

I could feel everyone's eyes on me. Mom came next to my chair and kneeled down right next to me. She took my hand in hers and kissed the back of my palm, she puts her other hand on my cheek and looks in my eyes. "My beautiful girl" she whispered. I didn't want her to feel like I wouldn't except her so I gave her a small smile. Like she could tell I didn't like being touched she kept it to a minimum. "When is the right time to ask if I can also get a hug?" Mason whispered to the older boy but we could all hear him. That made me smile. I looked at my twins, "Go on guys, share your hugs with the rest of the table" I knew I was making them feel uncomfortable they aren't used to 'brother hugs' they don't even hug each other they only hug me. They looked around the table. "Umm, I don-" before Killian could finish, Mason came over and pulled him into a hug. "Come on baby brother show some love" The look on Killian's face was priceless. He looked so lost. I could see Kaiden slowly reversing to the door making sure no one sees him. "Where do you think your going?" The oldest boy asked and did the same to Kaiden as Mason did to Killian.

I couldn't take it anymore. I burst out laughing at the scene in front of me. Killian mouthes to me 'oh you think this is funny' and I looked away so quickly I'm sure I could've gotten whiplash. I am glad nobody pressured me for any hugs, like they all understood. Except of course the little ones since Hailey decided to come and sit in my lap while Hunter was sulking.

This should be interesting.