Chapter 3

Belle's POV

I'd dressed myself in a blue dress that I hadn't worn in awhile and put my hair up in a slightly messy bun. Emma and I headed off to Granny's.

In Emma's yellow bug, I observed Mr. Gold's pawn shop as we drove by. Before I had much time to have memories of tonight's prior events, we were already at Granny's.

"Come on, let's go see Regina." Emma said as she walked out of the car and towards to diner. "Ok." I say, flashing a confident smile as I follow behind Emma.

"Miss Swan, I'm not in the mood for a 'hope' speech from you right now." Said Regina as soon as she saw Emma and I. "And I'm not sure why you brought Bookworm along but I wish to spend the night alone."

"First of all, Regina, you're forgetting I'm not my mother," Emma says, taking a seat. I sit on the opposite side if Regina. "And you'll actually want to talk to 'Bookworm'. She's going through what you did today as well." Regina was shocked by this, I could tell by the look on her face as she turned toward me.

"What happened to you today?" "Well," I replied,"I..., long story short, Rumple was lying to me---" "Shocker." Regina interrupted. "And, I used the dagger to..., to force him over the town line." I finished.

I could see that Regina was shocked and saddened for me. "I-I'm so sorry. Are you okay?" Before I could respond, Ruby came over and asked us if we wanted anything to eat or drink. "Beer. All around" Emma said, using her hands in a motion that said 'by all around I mean me, Regina, and Belle.'" "Ok." Ruby responds, and walks off.

But beer reminded me of Lacey. Of my cursed self. "Actually, Ruby," I said, catching her as she was waking away. "Yeah, Belle?" She said, spinning on her heels to her my request. "I don't want any alcohol. I'll just take some water. And a grilled cheese sandwich. I'm a bit hungry." Ruby let out a little chuckle as she said, "Coming right up. And I'll make Emma one too." Ruby turned to speak to Emma, "I know how much you love those." Emma chucked, "She knows me well."

Our drinks and sandwiches soon arrived. Regina and I had made each other a bit at ease with our stories. "At least your man was honorable. There's a reason Rumple is 'The Dark One.'" Regina laughed at this. But it wasn't a laugh of ignorance or arrogance. "I know. And as much as Rumple is... Rumple, I still hope you get him back." Regina gave me a sincere smile, as did Emma, she gave a smile to both of us. "I hope you get Robin Hood back too." I replied.

~~~~

After a night of coming to an understanding, I went home. I was more at ease knowing that Regina had hope for me and Rumple.

And I knew how to get him back.