Prologue

Washington D.C. United States.
January 24th, 1985.

A brisk wind blew through the air as a dark overcast covered the capital. In the oval office a man in his fifties sat, with several of his advisors off to the side. The air was filled with silence as a screen was active on the wall. "Right... can anyone tell me what's going on? The screen was just telling us that we had a storm covering the entire North American Continent, and now the satellites are not exactly making me believe that something is right."

"Mister President, sir. We have triple checked the data, and the satellites are still in orbit. What we have here, is something that is only in science fiction." A woman in a tight uniform spoke up. "President Lee, sir, I would recommend us closing down all traffic outside the Continental States until we confirm everything."

"Thank you, Miss Rebecca. Mister Eric, can you explain the sudden appearances of the Seventh, Eighth, Fourth, and Third Fleets off the West and East Coasts, as well as the bases of Guam, Wake, and Pearl. And the latter appears to be just the island, not the entire state..." The President spoke, with mild irritation in his voice.

"Harry, I mean Mister President, I have no answer for you. But we have sent both pilots and drones into the deep blue, trying to gain our bearings. However... we have something to show you." The military man sighed as he placed down a series of photos on the table. "Well, Mister President, what we have is a landmass to our east. Here is a giant tree out in the middle of the sea, but doesn't appear to suffer from what we would assume is death of a thousand cuts from literal seawater being absorbed."

Harry raised a brow. "Alright... what else?" Eric sighed, rubbing his temples. "We have... spotted... several humanoids. Dark blue skin... pointy ears..." Harry sighed. "I'm assuming you are describing elves..." Eric nodded as Rebecca stifled a chuckle.

Harry raised a brow before humming. "Is the First Fleet ready to depart?" Eric nodded. "Yes sir. They can be underway in full in six hours, give and take some time for everyone to get to the vessels who are not already on board."

The President nodded. "Make it so. Admiral Hawthorn has the following orders: Sail due east until he comes upon the newly discovered landmass, and make contact with the natives. I must address the nation..."

A few moments later, in the White House Press Room.

President Harry, looking down at his notes on the podium. The inevitable was to happen to Harry. He would make an announcement, the press can question him, and then he would have to cut it short to focus on national issues, including what the hell the world is at the moment.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, citizens of the United States of America. I'm no doubt sure that you have many questions, as well as requests for aide for the ones you have not contacted yet. I assure you, as your President, I am doing everything in my power to make sure every American is accounted for."

Harry took a deep breath before continuing. "I will be blunt: We are not on Earth anymore. Satellites confirm this, and that we have discovered previously unknown continents. As of right now, we have not made contact, but we are scouting the nearest continent out to find a government of any kind and make first contact."

"However, our duty to Freedom of all men has not shirked in the face of this crisis. We will continue providing the Beacon of Democracy that we were back on Earth. To those on the other side of the isle would use this to decrease our first line of defense: Our brave men and women in uniform. They continue defending our freedoms, even here, and they do so willingly! Thank you."

Harry remained composed before the media cam at him. "Mister President! Mister President! What do you mean by 'Another World'?" A woman from CNN spoke as Harry pointed to her before answering. "Now, I cannot give you as much details as everyone would like, considering the time and the data still being processed, but we have confirmed that Europe, Asia, Africa, and the Americas, outside of the Continental US, are not detected by our satellites. However, we have all the fleets, as well as all our personnel that fly our banner."

In the Dwarven District, Stormwind.

A bulk of a human man in armor was waiting at the entrances of a mass transportation hub. A sword at his hip, legendary among many peoples of the world, and teen at his side. Slightly off to the side, a human female was listening to the rather mundane version of a radio.

But something caught her attention as something overpowered the Dwarven frequency, and she turned up the volume to at least catch the attention of the bulky man. "Ladies and Gentlemen, citizens of the United States of America..... we have not made contact... Duty to Freedom of all men will not be shirked... providing the Beacon of Democracy..."

The woman looked at the bulky man:. "Your Majesty... we may need to be the first ones to contact these... 'Americans', if anything, to align them to the Alliance."

The man touched his chin in thought before looking at the radio. "If anything, their technology... they overpowered an established communication channel..." The man frowned slightly as he thought of the possible ramifications.