First Contact: The Alliance(Pt. 2)

In Darnassus, after three days of the signing of the Treaty of Darkshore, Tyranda and Shandris were discussing the situation with Jaina, whom was trying to wrap her head around what, or who, the Americans are. "By all accounts, the Americans are Human. But they differ from other Humans. They do not have a Monarchy of any kind."

Jaina raised a brow. "What do they have as a government? It doesn't seem that anything else other than a Monarchy works in at least the Human Realms." The young, yet intelligent woman was clearly confused, with only the Dalaran Government of Mages being the only non-monarch government in the human realm being the exception, not the rule.

Shandris hummed. "These Americans are not to be underestimated. They do not practice magic from what we can tell, but they clearly know how to fight a war. Plus, they have a clear technological advantage in land, sea, and air."

"The Americans have no basis for hostility towards anyone, outside of breaking the 'Rules of War'. While the treaty forced us to give up half of Ashenvale, they are enforcing the treaty, and thus, have given us no reason to push back against it." Tyranda sighed. "Trust me, we are not happy, but their General Marcus brought some insight: 'Compromise is not a situation where everybody is happy, it is something that both sides can agree to after considering the other options'. Something tells me they have experience in such ways."

Jaina frowned before a man walked in with both a Sentinel and Marine walked in. What shocked the two Night Elves was a single elf, a Sin'dorei. "Pardon my intrusion, Ladies, but I've been instructed by my President to undertake some delicate talks."

Jaina frowned before speaking. "That elf and her race are traitors to the Alliance." The man sighed. "I'm not about to entertain that without concrete evidence, so put that aside for now. Right, based on the situation she has explained to me, the Undead Scourge are basically pushing her people into extinction. The United States is willing to commence evacuations for Civilians first, then military. The question is: Will those who have a history with these people, either recent or long time ago, will they assist in either providing a temporary place of residence, food, medical aid, or just transports? Or will they be left to die."

Tyranda frowned before sighing. "General Marcus... may the lady speak for herself?" Marcus nodded, stepping aside, with the elf walking forward. "Lady Jaina, I understand your reservations, but like Lordaeron before, we need assistance to save our people. We've already made our case to the Americans. One in ten of our pre-war population is remaining..." She took a deep breath before continuing. "We just need to get out of there..."

Jaina leaned back before thinking. Assisting the Night Elves in defense is one thing, since they are allies, but the elves of Quel'thalas? Hardly worth the potential expense of life if the Alliance tried to evacuate them.

Tyranda and Shandris were talking amongst themselves. They remember what happened with the Highborn, but at the same time, desperation can cause someone to do things they wouldn't do otherwise.

Marcus was talking with Vereesa. "Even if they do not agree, the United States will assist in helping your people. In time, even consider reclaiming your land." Vereesa sighed before shaking her head. "Your nation is generous, even for first contact.... Why are you so ready to help?"

Marcus chuckled slightly. "We have surveillance capabilities some consider unnatural, Lady Vereesa. We've monitored the world ever since we got here. Everything else is classified, however."

Vereesa nodded before a Marine walked up, handing an envelop to Marcus before saluting. He nodded before walking slightly away, opening the envelop before reviewing the satellite photos he was given to him. He frowned before rubbing his face. Should he reveal the information to the two major political forces in the Alliance, or should he withhold the information.