Chapter 1: Unbound

He fell.

He missed the gate and he fell.

He continued to fall into the void below.

He looked down in utter terror. It was odd, before coming to Atlas, he was ok with dying. It didn't bother him. Hell, he was ready to die the moment he fought Cinder at Haven.

But now?

Now he was terrified. He was frighted because he still wanted to live. Sure, he deserved this for what he did to Penny, but a selfish part of him wanted to live, to survive.

Suddenly, everything went black.

Darkness.

Absolute Nothingness.

Blackness.

A Void.

But then... a light shined in the darkness. It radiated its glow in the darkness, and then, flames surrounded it.

"Abandoned by your Gods... a pity... The humans in your reality are so interesting" came a voice "But I see your potential, I see what you humans in Remenat are capable of, and you... Jaune Arc, I have use for a man like you"

The voice was soothing, and it brought a certain warmth to Jaune's soul. Like a campfire.

"Who... Who are you?" Jaune asked his voice echoing into the darkness

"Who am I? You will soon come to learn who I am Jaune Arc... for now... I am a friend"

And with that, the light faded and the flames died. The darkness returned and there was nothing to be seen in the dark void.

Slowly, Jaune began to feel himself stir and so, he began to awake. Jaune's eyes twitched open and when they slowly opened, his vision blurry at first but soon it became clear, and when he could see clearly, he saw that he was in snowy forest-tundra and he slowly got up. The cold did not hit his skin as his aura protected him, but for some odd reason, he could still feel it. He looked around and saw the snow falling lightly. He got up to his feet and noticed that he no longer wore his armor.

His eye's widened as he looked around only to see no traces of his armor even Crocea's Mors was gone, nowhere to be seen. He was now in brown rags and torn shoes.

"Where...? How...?" Jaune began in utter confusion

However, before he could try and make sense of how his armor, sword, and shield disappeared, he heard distant shouting

He rushed over to the noise to see what the cause of it was. He ran through the forest to find the source, he moved through bushes and small plants to get to the source, hoping to be at least some clue as to where he was.

Finally, he saw a stone dirt pathed road and there he saw a large wooden gate that was closed. He looked to see that the source of the shouting was a bunch of men, some wore grey and red armor while some wore grey and dark blue armor, they were attacking and killing each other, and Jaune was confused as to what was going on, a part of him told him to go and help but another part of him said to run because he had no weapon.

However, as he was trying to make a decision, he failed to notice one of the red and grey armored men came up to Jaune and hit him in the back of his head, knocking him out cold.

.

.

.

.