𝒊. 𝑩𝑬𝑭𝑶𝑹𝑬 𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑩𝑬𝑮𝑰𝑵𝑵𝑰𝑵𝑮

CHAPTER ONE

BEFORE THE BEGINNING

Aaliyah Robinson lies on her bed with her phone in her hands. She stares at the group chat with her friends, no response from Willow or Elijah. She had sent the message a couple days ago.

"They're probably just busy." She says to herself before checking the time.

She smiles to herself before pushing herself off her bed, she goes to her closet and chooses a random pair of black pants, she takes off her shorts and puts those on.

She grabs her purple cardigan and matching converse, puts them on and quick combs out her hair. Aaliyah looks in her bathroom mirror with a satisfied smile before adjusting her shirt, grabbing her phone and sprinting out her bedroom.

Downstairs, her older sister Melody and cousin Rosa hear her stomps as she rushes down the stairs. Rosa takes one of the freshly baked brownies in between her fingers and takes a bite. Melody watches in anticipation.

Rosa's face shifts into a smile as she chews the chocolatey goodness before bumping her fist with her older cousins in pride.

"Are the brownies ready?" Aaliyah asks the older girls as she walked into the kitchen with her usual basket.

The handle of the basket was worn and held together by green duct tape the checked cloth inside was faded and had a few stains on it but regardless of the state, Aaliyah always used the same basket.

Melody-Jae nodded her head before pointing at the tray's. Aaliyah gets a tupperware and begins to fill the container with brownies. Once full she closes it and puts it in the basket. She gets the cool bottle of apple juice from the fridge and put it in as well. She pulls out the deck of playing cards she had taken earlier and puts them in.

"Don't be back to late." Melody says as her younger sister gets some salted crackers. "Mom and Dad might come home early."

"Mom is working a late shift and Dad is either back at midnight or comes home and stays in his room the whole time." Aaliyah responds as she picks up the basket, Rosa wears a confused look while Melody purses her lips knowing that her younger sister was right. "But just so that you don't get a heart attack in the middle of the night, I will be back before 8pm."

Melody hugs her younger sister. "Be careful on the roads, okay."

"I will. Love you both."

"Love you too." Melody and Rosa say.

The girl puts the basket into the basket on her bike before climbing onto it. After gaining enough momentum she begins to peddle down the sandy road.

It doesn't take her long to get to the Kent farm. She leans her bike against the stairs and brushes down her clothes. She takes the basket before walking up the stairs, towards the door and knocks on the door.