♠Chapter 1♦-(edited!)

It was a busy day at the casino...people were coming in left and right, and it was never ending!

Though, mugman kept a warm, welcoming smile throughout the day, speaking of which...

Mugman set another order on the table with that same welcoming smile.. "here 's your order mrs and mr! One xxxxx, please let me know if you are missing anything or need anything else." and he walked off, hands behind his back as he carried the tray back. His smile dropped as he went into the back, sliding on the door a little, "ugh..my knee's feel like there about to give out.."

Dice looked over at mugman, clipboard in hand "well, just a few more hours, then your free to go." Mugman nodded, and was about to head back when he spotted cuphead waiting a table, he let off a warm smile but his demeanor said anything but warm.. One of his sleeves were down, unlike him...

He had eye bags underneath his eyes that made him look as if he didn't sleep in forever,

his body language told much, he looked almost...weak?

Mugman watched carefully as cuphead walked off. His walk was a little less...himself...and he moved as if he was tired...and sluggish..

"I'm worried about cuphead.." mugman said, not looking away from him.

Dice slightly looked over, not moving his eyes, but his head in it's place. "Hm? What do you mean?"

"I mean he looks...not himself...and whenever i want to go into his room...it's locked..."

Dice walked over, watching cuphead with mugman, "huh...your right, well..you will be able to figure it out sooner then later." and with that, dice walked off leaving mugman to only hum and watch cuphead.

==========

Cuphead let out a small mental groan as he felt a small tickle in the back of his throat 'come ooon, i have to make it through the day.. Please..' he couldn't afford to mess this order up! This order was for a very high paying customer!

He walked over, setting the small tray down with a small 'clink' and a warm smile "a-anything els-" he stopped himself in a coughing fit, turning his back away from the customer who looked at him in concern.

Once cuphead removed his hand, his eyes widened 'b-blood..?'

"Are you alright?" cuphead turned, not noticing the small ink droplet in the corner of his mouth "y-yes! A-anything else you need?"

The customer shook their head no...then spotted the ink and froze in horror...

"G-great!" and cuphead started walking fast to the bathroom, his legs screaming at him to sit down, to give them a rest, ANYTHING.

He started in on his coughing fit once more, this time he felt more crawl up his throat, threatening to peak an entrance to the whole casino.

Finally he walked into the bathroom just in time for him to cough up a black thick liquid. Cuphead teared up as he gave into his leg's plea's and cries as they collapsed onto the ground.

He brought a hand up to his throat and crawled at it as more and more of the ink made an entrance onto the floor.

===

Dice looked upon the door with a frown, now that was weird..

Slowly, dice walked over to the door, making sure a co-worker covered what he was doing before knocking on the wooden door softly, making cuphead jump. "Y-yes..?" cuphead's voice was small..and weak..

"Just wanted to make sure your doing alright, looked pretty rough when out here" dice listened carefully for any sounds that sounded off..

He heard small sounds of muffled coughing and..throwing up..

Strike number 2..

"Yep! Just...got the flu is all!" cuphead laughed a little, but didn't smile..instead he looked at the toilet in worry...their....right there...was ink..ink and blood..

It's black thick existence haunted him, like a spider that tormented a human...like a lion stalking it's pray..the blood only a remember..

Remember he might...in fact..

Die..

====================

Dice hummed but just let the matter go..

He walked back over to the counter, the other guy walking off as his duty had been delt with.

Mugman walked over to the counter, flopping down on one of the seats, and let out a long breath. "Geez, that table was annoying! They wouldn't stop asking for cuphead and-" mugman paused himself as he looked at dice's face as he stared at a cup

"Mr dice? You..alright?"

Dice seemed to snap out of his state of mind and looked up at mugman, "oh..yes, i hope"

Mugman looked at dice with confusion written on it.

"What do you mean mr dice?"

Dice sighed, setting the cup to the side and leaned forward, "mugman..it's your brother..i'm worried bout him" mugman tilted his head "he's coughing up a storm, he's throwing up..he said that this was 'just the flu' but i don't-" dice's worry's were only raised as mugman interrupted him "cuphead was NEVER one to get sick. Sure he got a cold here and there but that was once and a blue moon! He's never..thrown up before.."

Dice gulped..

Time passed and after a good 10 minutes cuphead walked out of the bathroom as if nothing had happened. He walked over to mugman and waved at him, now smiling. "Sup mugs! When does our shift end?" mugman jumped a little but turned, and relaxed a little...his face written with worry. "Hey cuphead...our shift actually is over now, soo..yeah.."

Cuphead nodded and walked off to get stuff ready to go home..

Not noticing the small amount of ink that dripped onto the floor..

And not noticing mugman kneeling down...looking at it..