♠Chapter 2♦(under editing)

Cuphead walked into the apartment and sighed "long day in the casino am I right mugman?" Mugman didn't answer instead he went straight to his books "mugman?" mugman again didn't answer. cuphead was getting a little worried but mugman turned to him and said "dice said you were sick, so now i'm searching your sickness so i can care for you" cuphead flinched and started to get nervous "o-oh! its just a little cold nothing to worry about! so please, don't i can care for myself" cuphead speed walked to his room and mugman watched but turned his attention back to his  book, 'cuphead doesn't sneeze for all I know, and king dice said he only heard cuphead coughing.' mugman flipped through the pages of the book until he heard noises coming from cupheads room. as he got closer he could hear the sounds of throwing up. mugman froze, 'no sneezing, coughing, and now throwing up?!' he rushed back to his book and flipped through the pages trying to find an illness to match cuphead. 

after a while mugman groaned "how hard is it to find something my own brother has? although it could be the common flu..." but that thought was pushed out of his mind when he heard quite sobs. "no..it has to be something more! i'll ask the boss and dice tomorrow at work." mugman put the book back on the shelve and went to his room to get ready for bed. he got changed and climbed into bed and turned off the lights. 

-----meanwhile-----

cuphead breathed heavily on the floor of his room as he caught his breath he looked at the ceiling. he whipped the corner of his mouth his his thumb and looked at it. there it was, the inky black substance that has been torturing him for a month now. cuphead teared up looking at it. 'i don't want to die...' cuphead curled up and hugged himself. the last thing he wants is mugman to freak out and worry about his over this.  cuphead coughed a little more into his hand before figuring out this wave of pain was over, he slowly got up wobbling a little bit thenpicking up the bucket and carefully going out of his room and to the bathroom, by this time mugman is asleep, so he picks up the ink filled bucket and dumps it down the toilet and he never knows. he did the routine and flushed and walked out. A sharp pain in his side made him stop and hold his side, this was normal but was not normal was mugman rushing to his side panicking "oh my goodness cuphead! A-are you okay?!" Cuphead looked at him with wide eyes and chuckled nervously "u-um hey mugs, what are you doing up this early?" Mugman looked frustrated "I was going to the bathroom but saw you and decided that you were more important!" Cuphead looked down "i-its nothing just tired" mugman just looked at him then said "walk then" cuphead flinched but smirked "ok bet!" He stood up and strayed to try and walk then fell as his legs gave up in him mugman caught him "SEE?!" Mugman picked cuphead up and started heading to his room. Cuphead started to freak out "r-really mugs I'm fine you can let me go now!"  But mugman didn't listen and opened the door and cuphead prepared for the worse, you see, cuphead hasn't cleaned up the ink yet. Mugman didn't say anything and set him down on the bed "I'll tell the boss tomorrow that your sick, you need to rest" cuphead nodded and mugman left. 'Maybe he didn't see? I mean my room is pretty dark.' Cuphead didn't think of it and just fell asleep. He'll clean tomorrow.

Mugman closed the door and fell to his knees, cuphead never threw up but one think that freaked him out the most....

Was the black ink on the floor