Chapter 13 - I'm late

Oh God, why does this have to happen to me! It has been 2 weeks since Brad and I had our first time and it have great. Brad was so understanding, considering and to be honest our relationship has got stronger. However, I have been worried because I have been feeling unwell and I am late. We used protection but the bloody thing broke. I really don't know what to do, I am so scared. Suddenly there is a knock at door that pulls me out of my daydream. Peter comes into my room hugging me then sitting next to me on my bed.

'Are you ok, Milly?' I nod looking down. 'I know you, Emilia. What is going on?' i wasn't going to tell him but he knows me too well. 'I feel unwell and I am late' Peter looks confused. 'Late for what? Do you have a meeting?' seriously, I can't believe him right now. 'Not that type of late idiot, the other type of late' he is even more confused. 'What do you mean?' Clueless, the boy is absolutely clueless. 'God how stupid are you? My period is late.' His eyes widen

'You and Brad had sex!' I swear to God I am going to kill him. 'Yes, don't worry Peter just tell the whole world.' I roll my eyes. 'Sorry, I am just surprised. I just always thought that you would wait until marriage' I always thought I would to but it felt right. 'We just got caught up in the moment, we used protection but it broke.' I explain. 'Oh that isn't good', well Peter is being so helpful today. 'Thanks Peter, you have really helped calm you down. What a great friend you are' Peter looks apologetic and puts his arm over my shoulder pulling me into a hug.

'Sorry, I am just shocked. Have you tested?' I shake my head. 'Not yet, I am scared' I admit. 'Well I am here for you. Why don't you go and take the test? I promise I won't leave your side, well by that I mean I will stay here because I am not coming in the bathroom while you pee' I just laugh. 'I knew what you meant. You didn't need to clarify that bit. I wouldn't have let you in the toilet anyway so don't worry' Peter lets out a sigh of relief 'Good just thought I need to clarify'

'Somedays I really worry about you. Right, I will go and take it. Please don't tell anyone.' I ask worried he might let slip to someone especially my Dad as they are close and hang out a lot. 'I won't, my mouth is shut. Does Brad Know?' I nod in response. 'Yeah he does. He is worried too' I spoke to him yesterday; I was scared to tell him in case he left me but I told him everything yesterday and he promised to stay by my side. That is my I love him. 'Well go and put your both of your minds and rest' I nod heading towards the bathroom door. 'Ok thank you for being here' I smile. 'It is what we do' he said smiling. He really is my brother.

Peter gives me a reassuring smile as I walk into the bathroom to take the test. I open the box to take the tests. I take them but it does wasn't easy, I pissed all over my bloody hand. I have washed and scrubbed my hands clean. I leave the test for 3 minutes and set a timer. I leave the room to wait and sit on the bed next to Peter.

'What does it say?' Peter asks worry lacing his voice. 'It takes 3 minutes. I am scared' I confirm. 'You don't need to be scared. Whatever will happen, will happen and we will deal with it when it comes.' I smile. 'I know. I have always wanted kids and so has Brad but we are both not ready for that yet', we have talked about it before and when we are older we definitely want kids but we want a career and a first.

'So, how was it?' Peter asks with a cheeky smile. 'How was what?' Peter looked at me knowingly. 'The sex, your first time. Was it everything you thought it would be?' I laugh at him. 'It kind of was. Brad was so caring and sweet. Before we did anything he would ask for my consent and make sure I was ok, he was such a gentleman. To be fair, he was like that after as well. It was amazing.' Peter smiles relieved. 'Good, I am glad'

'Have you and MJ done anything yet?' I already know the answer as Peter smirks. 'Yeah we have. We have done a lot' H says emphasizing 'a lot' I dread to asks. 'I can only imagine. You guys have been together for a while' Peter nods smiling lovingly. 'True it is out 2-year anniversary next week. I am going to make a picnic and take her to our spot on the hill in the park' Peter and MJ have been through a lot but they always get through it. Peter is always so romantic.

'That is really cute. I am sure she will like it,' I smile. 'Hopefully' just as Peter says that the time goes off on my phone. I go into the bathroom and look at the test and I freeze. Not Pregnant, I cry out of relief. I walk out the bathroom and show Peter he smiles out of relief for me an hugs me. I immediately text Brad telling me good news

'How do you feel now you know?' Peter asks still hugging me. 'Glad and relieved as I am not ready for kids. I want them but not until I am older, had a successful career and I am married' Peter nods, 'That makes sense, What did Brad say?' I show him the messages. 'He is relieved like the rest of us. He has been really kind and considerate about it. He is really sweet'

Oh God if I am not pregnant that why am I so ill? I have a really bad cold, terrible headache, I feel like I am going to be sick every 10 minutes. I feel tears run down my face and Peter clearly notices them to as he pulls me into a hug and I just sob into his shoulder.

'What is wrong?' Peter sounds concerned. 'If I am not pregnant then why do I feel ill and have missed my period' Peter just hugs me tighter. 'It could be stress. With school finals coming up and this, it has probably got too much for you' He is probably right. 'Probably, you might be right' Peter laughs. 'You should know by now that I am always right' I just roll my eyes. 'Ok I wouldn't go that far' Peter stands up. 'Come on let's go out and grab some lunch for a change it will give you chance to relax a little bit' Peter holds out his hand and I take it. 'Good plan lets go' I say as we leave my room and head out.