Chapter 6: AN OFFER

The scene picks up after the first mission. Arcturus (in civilian clothes) is walking down a hallway with Lightning, Sentinel, Jaime and Yuri. They're heading into the high council room where the members of the council have made their decision about Arc.

Arcturus: So, do you guys know the decision?

Lightning: no. All they said was they've made their choice and want to tell you in person.

Jaime: on the plus side, you get to see the council, man.

Yuri: that is true. People rarely see them in person. They're always anonymous.

Sentinel: it's to keep our work secret. Now, (stops at a door and turns to Arc) you don't speak unless spoken to, when you speak you give a proper response, and most importantly, don't do anything stupid. Am I clear?

Arcturus: like butter.

Sentinel stops for a brief moment to think about what he just heard, and enters the room. He soon returns and the doors fully open. Inside are seven chairs around in a circle. On each chair are men and women, wearing professional clothing and had unreadable expressions.

Council Man #1: step forward.

Arcturus complies and walks to the center of the room.

Council Man #2: so, you're the 'Sapphire Speedster' we've been told about.

Arcturus: yes sir.

Council Woman #1: do you know how you've received your powers?

Arcturus: the explosion from the particle accelerator. I was in a co-

Council Man #3: -no. She meant, how did you received the Keyblade?

Arcturus: (thinks for a bit) I'm not sure. I had this weird dream where I saw these people. I've never seen them before in my life, but, at the same time, I met them somewhere before.

Narrator (dad): Arc explained the dream he had, the monsters first appearance, and when the Keyblade first appeared in his hand. The members listened to the story. His friends were still worried about what they'll say, but Lightning remains calm. When he finished, the members gave their answer

Council Man #1: we reviewed your progress from your first mission.

Council Man #4: you not only didn't stop the children from steal the wand when you knew that they were plotting to take it, but you nearly exposed the world order.

Council Woman #2: the order is that the existence of other worlds mustn't be revealed, but to a few trusted individuals.

Council Man #2: we also know about your incident with the A.I.

Council Man #4: it's an unknown individual, not to mention it said and I quote "I was sent to find you".

Council Man #1: the monsters are still a mystery, as well as this figure you met. Things are going to be different for you, boy. That's why-

Council Woman #3: you're going to be our first Keyblade Speedster Time Agent!

Arcturus: (confused) wait, what?

Council Man #2: sister! I wanted to tell him!

Council Woman #3: but, this is big news! You can't expect me to just wait to tell it.

Council Woman #1: (sigh) you both are behaving like children.

Council Man #1: brothers, sisters, now is not the time. (Faces Arc) as she has said, we have decided to offer you a position in the agency.