Chapter 1: Together

Welcome to book 2! Thank you guys so much for all of the support for the previous book. I hope this book will be as pleasing as the previous. Anywho, let the book begin!

P.S I did change what Jimmy said at the end of the first book cause it didn't fit the story line for this book. Also sorry if it's a bit rough!
-Nix

[Scott's POV]

"Petal.." My breath hitched. Tears start to stream down my face once more as our gazes lock onto one another. Jimmy's face softens and a smile appears as he gazes into my eyes.

"Flower, you came back.."
_____

All that I could hear was my beating heart as I stared at him. With his soft gaze looking at me, my legs almost gave way.

How..how is this possible? I was just staring at his lifeless body...

I shut my eyes, trying to process and trying to stop my vision from swimming.

How? I was just at the remains of his house, I was just in EmpiresSMP. How am I in the past?

Just as I was about to shed another tear, I heard footsteps running in my direction, then a warm sensation spread throughout my cheeks as warm lips caressed my own. I gasp in surprise and my eyes fly open to see the features of Jimmy. Just as fast as my body tenses, it relaxes and melts into his.

I relished the touch of his lips on mine, it had been so long since we'd been this close together. As the kiss deepened, salty tears started to run down Jimmy's face and small choked sobs escaped his lips so I reluctantly pulled away from the kiss to look at him. His eyes were red and his cheeks stained with tears. I reached up and cupped his head in my hands and gazed at him, he leaned into my touch. No words were needed to be exchanged to know what was wrong. Only the understanding of each other was needed. Jimmy wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me close.

His teary gaze traveled across my face, taking in every detail.
"You are as beautiful as the day I lost you.." He choked.

Lost me?

We could have stood there in that position forever, but approaching footsteps caused us to turn our heads.
"Scott?" A voice whispered. I untangled myself from Jimmy and spun around to meet the gaze of a small feathered man in a torn red sweater.

Grian?

"H-hey Grian." I said nervously, combing a hand through my hair. Grian stomped over to me, and as soon as he was in arms length, he punched me in the gut making me stumble backwards.
"You freaking idiot," He yelled at me, glaring daggers."You dare leave Jimmy alone for weeks, and act like nothing happened? You, Scott Major, are a prick. Don't you dare leave him again." I stared at Grian in surprise as he continued to glare at me. I tried to open my mouth to say something, but nothing came out.
"Grian.." Jimmy sighed and came up beside me, putting a hand on my shoulder. "It's alright, we've discussed it. "

Wait..we have? When?

Grian sighed and then walked up to me and hugged me.
"I'm just glad you're back Scott." He muttered. I chuckle awkwardly and hug Grian back.
"Glad to see you too?" As Grian let go of me, another pair of arms snaked around my waist and pulled me towards them. I glanced back to see Jimmy gazing at me with blush on his face. Just as I was about to plant a kiss on his cheek, Grian coughed trying to get our attention.
"Anywho, I'll go now. I gotta make sure Scar isn't trying to burn anything down yet." Grian grinned and turned to leave, waving at us before he left.

______

It had been a couple minutes since Grian had left for the desert, and Jimmy had wanted to continue the progress of our wall. Just as we were about to finish, footsteps were heard entering our grove. I looked up expecting to see Grian and/or Scar, but instead a pale man with a bloodied crown and dog ears and a tail walked in. I stared at him for a moment before realizing who he was.

It's Ren, but where is Martyn?

I look over to Jimmy trying to catch his gaze. When he wouldn't look at me, I sighed and walked over to him, careful not to be seen by Ren.

"Jimmy, why is Ren here?" I whispered next to him. Jimmy spun around to meet my gaze.
"He's here?" He whispered yelled. I nodded, curious as to what caused his response. Jimmy sighed and cursed underneath his breath.
"Alright, give me a sec." He muttered putting away his materials and hopping down to meet Ren. As if on cue my heart started to beat a bit faster, worrying for Jimmy's safety.

"Ren! Hey...buddy." Jimmy greeted nervously, combing a hand through his hair.
"Did you make up your mind." Ren said coldly, not acknowledging Jimmy's hello. Jimmy just stared at the ground not responding, only fidgeting with his hands. Ren stomped closer to Jimmy, harshly grabbing one of his wrists.
"I said did you make up your mind Jimmy." He hissed. Jimmy looked up, a frightened look in his eyes. As this was going on, I stayed in my spot on the wall.

This isn't how 3rd life went. This is different.

I shook my head in frustration.

Doesn't matter. What does matter is that Jimmy looks as if his gonna be killed by Ren.

I hopped down from my spot and ran towards where Jimmy and Ren were. When Jimmy saw me relief filled his face. But when Ren saw me he just stared, his grip ever so slightly getting looser on Jimmy's wrist.
"Scott? What are you doing here?" Ren glowered at me. I stood there confused

What does he mean?

"Wh-what do you mean," I asked nervously. "I live here?" Ren shook his head and let go of Jimmy to walk over to me. He stopped right in front of me and towered over my head.
"No I mean what are you doing here right now this instant. You ran away weeks ago why are you back."

Words: 1063