𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

FATHER FATHER !

FATHER FATHER !

THERE WAS SCREAMING.

As Gyutaro inched closer to his wretched home, the intense yelling grew louder and louder. There were spectators standing in front of his home, crowding around like a pack of good for nothing hungry birds. They gossiped poisonous whispers with faces full of unabashed curiosity.

"She hide his own child from him? How heartless...."

"That poor man, will he take the child then?"

"That child is truly a beauty– that brother of hers however...."

"The man is a beauty himself!"

Gyutaro could almost sneer at them. Indignation raged in the pit of his stomach. Noisy fucks. Why don't they worry about their own misfortunes instead of his?

Gyutaro didn't even have to ask for them to move out the way,  one woman took glance at him and flinched, pulling the man beside her (probably her customer, or her partner- fuck would he know!?) to avoid touching him, as if touching his very robes would give her his diseases. The others around them noticed the reason for their behavior and scurried away, whispers growing louder and nasty eyes growing more distasteful at his appearance.

"Don't tell me that boy is also his? He must not be !"

"If I were him, I would just take the little girl." Gyutaro clenched his fists, dirty nails digging into the palm of his skin. They didn't affect him, he won't let their useless words affect him. They're all living in the same shit hole as him anyways.

Yet despite his thoughts, Gyutaro ignored the contradicting rapid beating of his heart, clenching in pain.

"The child mustn't be his." A prostitute whispered, and Gyutaro was near ready to lash out, gnashing his teeth. "That...thing is so–"

"YOU DARE HIDE MY CHILDREN FROM ME ?! "

A deep roar shook the young boy out of his trance, growing surprised at the sight of his mother being roughly thrown to the hard floor by a furious man Gyutaro has never seen a day in his life. The moment the man stepped out of the shadows of his home to reveal his face, the boy's pale blue eyes went wide, body trembling in utter disbelief.

'No...no, no, no-' He mused, flinching at the sight before him. 'That–That man is–'

Hair as white as pure snow cascaded down the man's broad shoulders, a few strands falling on both sides of his face. He had such fair skin, bearing no blemish on his clear skin. His face was symmetrical and perfect despite the clear distaste on his handsome face as he ruthlessly glared at his mother, lapis blue eyes burning with a cool wrath. Gods he wished he could pretend he didn't hear the sounds of women swooning behind him. But that however wasn't the worst part of everything.

That man...was his father.

"fuck." He whispered under his breath, heart dropping upon seeing the small form of his younger sister sporting a small bruise on her cheek, clutching the man's robe with her chubby small hands as she stared at their mother with innocent curiosity.

Damnit. She was definitely attached.

"You do not deserve to call yourself a mother, a woman nonetheless." The man sneered, face contorting into a cruel expression. He looked rather pleased to see her grovel on the floor, and in Gyutaro's honest opinion, the deadbeat looked rather intimidating. The boy was pretty sure if he tried to imitate his frosty expression, he would probably look more ugly than cool.

It didn't pain him to see their distraught mother in such a state. After all the beatings she gave him in hopes of killing him, and even hurting his sister, nothing was more satisfying than seeing her get what she deserved.

"M-my lord! Please, I didn't–!"

"Silence!" He snarled. "I won't tolerate your weak excuses!" The man then flickered his gaze to the smiling woman behind their mother. Gyutaro recognizes her. She was the brothel manager, who always cooed at Ume at any chance given, wrinkly eyes sparkling with greedy intent. She mostly likely to use her face as the brothel's face when she grew older. It made the older boy burn with rage. How dare that raggedy hag look at his sister as if she was a fucking pretty ornament?

With her best money-winning smile, the middle aged woman spoke, "If you are thinking of buying the child My lord then you must pay for her and her mother's contra–wha-oh!" The brothel manager visibly flinched as two small, but heavy looking bags of coins were thrown at her face, ravenous hands scurrying to catch them. Gyutaro couldn't help but snort at the pitiful sight.

"The amount of money in those small bags are enough to buy 5 contracts." He scoffed at the stunned woman. "Keep it all, waste it all, I could care less. The money is all yours." Gyutaro noticed the way his father gently took hold of Ume's small hands. He wondered for a
moment, looking at his own dirty rough hands–

Would he do that for him as well?

Looking back up he saw his father pick up his sister, wiping the dirt off her pretty face with a careful expression. He looked almost scared to rub her face a little too hard, or else her check would grow red. Like a fragile doll.. All the rage on his face moments ago was gone once laying eyes on his child.

There was no doubt about it, Gyutaro couldn't deny the fact no longer. Next to one another, Ume looked like the exact carbon copy of him. Ume smiled and giggled as the man patted her head. They looked happy...like a family.

An unsettling feeling settled in the pit of his stomach.

He didn't want to ruin this. He knew the moment he stepped into the picture, he would destroy this beautiful moment with his gnarly, unwanted appearance.

But without him, his sister could grow up...loved. Without him she could get out of this place, maybe even get married, and become happy.

Without him,

She could become better then he ever could.

"Ume..." The man uttered softly. "Where's your brother?" Gyutaro froze in terror upon hearing such simple words, he could not ruin this for her, he could not ruin them, he wouldn't– he couldn't–

The moment his sister's eyes looked away from their father to scan the crowd of onlookers,

Gyutaro ran.