Chapter One: Sometimes You Picture Me

It was with Sharma's meow of concern that Hermione squeezed her eyes even further closed the following morning. Tuesdays and Thursdays were different than her typical schedule, meaning that she could go into the ministry an hour later on those days. Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays were eight to five, and Tuesdays and Thursdays were nine to five. Saturdays and Sundays she had off, for obvious reasons, and she was looking forward to having another hour of sleep, although she was positive that Sharma wouldn't allow such a thing.

"I know you don't want to control your volume this early, but please," Hermione said firmly, taking ahold of the sides of her pillow and putting it on top of her head, "you know my schedule for Tuesdays. Leave me be, just for a bit longer..."

Sharma meowed unhelpfully.

Hermione groaned beneath her new goose down barrier. "I mean it," she said, hoping that the firmness of her voice would get Sharma to do something else. "I am getting some extra sleep whether you like it or not."

Sharma then launched herself onto the pillow itself and let out a yowl, prompting Hermione to scream in shock, and slight pain, as Sharma dug her claws into her back in order to gain some sort of leverage in her new position.

Hermione struggled beneath her familiar, and was relieved when Sharma finally hopped off of her, and she tore the pillow away, looking for the animal. Finally, when she locked eyes with her half-Kneazle, she glared at her. "I don't know what you hope to accomplish from that rude and untoward awakening, Sharma Léopoldine Granger, but—!" She cut herself off then as she finally made to look around the room, and her eyes widened completely.

First of all, all that seemed to remain of her bedroom was her bed itself, herself, and Sharma, who was sitting at the foot of said bed, not looking at all apologetic. Hermione stammered for a moment as she took in the stone walls, lack of windows (and, by extension, lack of sunlight), and stone floors, which would be frightful to stand on without slippers. Shaking her head, Hermione bit her lower lip, easily deducing that the carved stone was carved in the same way Hogwarts was, so she knew where she was rather quickly.

"George Weasley," Hermione grumbled, remembering that she had invited both him and Angelina over for tea that weekend, and had delighted in holding baby Roxanne as Angelina told her about the latest bout of Dragon Pox at St. Mungo's, while George tore through the garden to ensure that Fred didn't tear the tops off her newly-grown daffodils.

She knew he was always experimenting on things for the Wheezes, and he and Ron had just patented a special Apparition Charm prank, which you could non-verbally place on any object, and activate it at any time. She shook her head and tore the covers back, placing her feet on the floor; Minerva likely wouldn't take too kindly to George pulling this upon her, her former Head Girl. After some tea and breakfast, she was positive that Minerva would permit her to borrow her Floo so as she could make it home in time for her day at the ministry to begin. Kingsley would likely find the entire scenario quite funny, so she could likely be a little late for work this morning, given the fact that she had literally woken up within the Scottish Highlands without meaning to.

"Don't think you're out of the woods yet, young lady," Hermione said, glaring over her shoulder at her cat as she wrapped her arms around herself; perhaps wearing a camisole and sleep shorts hadn't been the best idea in hindsight. Shaking her head, and knowing quite well that she couldn't go traipsing down the hallways of Hogwarts dressed like this (really, what would the students think?) she made up her mind to call for an elf. "Vekey?" she called, remembering a house-elf she had met during her time at Hogwarts, one that always was in Winky's company in addition to Dobby, as she maneuvered her wand out from underneath her pillow, relieved to find it still there.