Chapter 4: A New Beginning

"I'm coming in."

Evie tried to open the door slowly, but to no avail. Seraphina had locked the door. She really didn't want to talk to anyone which is why exactly they needed to get in.

Evie didn't know what her next course of action should be, which is where Remi came in to give her a hand. She lightly knocked on the door, "Hey Sera, we just want to talk. Please open the door."

Remi's voice was so soft and delicate Sera could barely hear it.

She didn't want to let them in. She didn't want to hear what they had to say. She didn't want to do anything but dig her head into the pillow and cry herself to sleep.

This was the only solution at the time for her. She wasn't thinking straight. The only thought in her mind was that crushing conversation she had with John.

There was nothing that any of them could do to help out anyways.

None of them have been through a relationship.

None of them have been through a breakup.

A rejection from someone you love.

There wasn't anything they could say to help her feel better. The only thing that could heal her is time and that could never come at the rate she's going.

Sometimes she wishes that she had never met John. Her life would've been different that's for sure. She hadn't felt this sad since her sister had abandoned her all those years ago.

She would've inherited her Mothers company at the age of 25.

She would've found a husband that her Mother had picked out as well.

Hell, she might not even have had those friends that she has outsider her door.

But most of all, she wouldn't be a cripple. She wouldn't have to worry about getting beat up for accidentally bumping into someone. Neither would she have to worry about a future job application.

Even so, she still was glad she met John. He brought her joy and changed her life for the better forever whether she wanted to admit this or not.

John was the catalyst for who she is as a person now. John changed her perspective on so many things and even led her to making friends that she normally wouldn't even bat an eye to.

Sera hadn't even known when, but she had started to cry again. Everyone outside the door could hear the slightest movements in the room, including her silent weeping.

It had been a long time since they had seen Seraphina like this. The last time Sera got like this was because of John yet again on the last day at Wellston.

John had always been the root of Sera's sadness. All of her emotions were always based on John and that was a big problem that Remi had picked up. Still, this was only a inference but today had just confirmed it.

Sera had become so dependent on John without knowing and she needed to move on. She couldn't let him be the reason for how she lived or felt anymore. Remi needed to do something.

"Sera, I'll break this door down if you don't let us in." Obviously she was bluffing, but Seraphina wasn't even thinking about that.

There was no response, just muffled cries into the pillow. Sera couldn't hear anything. John's words just kept repeating in her head over and over again.

"Five."

Remi started counting down, hoping she wouldn't need to actually break the door down if it came down to it. She was surprised no one tried to stop her, but she was grateful. They all wanted the best for Sera and this was the only way.