Chapter LVII: Spider Tech

Kendra stayed the night as she said she would in Wakanda. Bucky had come to her about Steve sometime in the middle of the night. Apparently, Steve had been calling him, asking if she was with him. He also told him what had gone down. Bucky claimed they were both in the wrong. Which is true. Steve was being a Hypocrite and Kendra was being selfish on a different degree. She was not putting herself first, which would end up hurting Steve, Bucky and so many of the other team members.

Kendra left the next day after telling Shuri exactly how to do what she would know how to do eventually anyway. She had to get to some people today, or at least try to. One in particular was on her agenda.

"Can I help you?" The woman asked as she opened her apartment door to see Kendra standing there with her walking stick in hand and a huge smile on her face.

"Hi, Ms. Parker. My name is Kendra Fennick- I'm here about your nephew, Peter Parker?" Kendra asked as she stood in the hall, awaiting an invite. She could hear the thumping of the teenagers heart beat in his room- sounding like he had just climbed through the window.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I don't think he's hom-"

"Hey Aunt May what's for dinner??" Peter asked as he walked out of his room with a baggy white shirt on and his boxers. His eyes caught sight of Kendra and blushed, trying to grab something to cover himself. Kendra and May laughed.

"It's okay, Peter. I'm blind. Can't see your boxers." Kendra spoke up, causing May to laugh more and Peter to look at her confused.

"Who are you?" Peter asked as he walked over to the door.

"I'm someone close with Anthony Stark- I wanted to personally tell you of an internship you are picked for- but if this isn't the right time-"

"No! Come in! Please!!" May Parker spoke up for Peter who was starstruck. Kendra smiled as she walked into the apartment, letting May guide her to the kitchen, even if she didn't really need a guide. But she wouldn't ruin it for her.

"Wait- Did you say Mr. Stark? Like- Stark Industries?! Like the Avenger? Ironman!?" Peter finally gushed, jumping around with pure excitement.

"Yes." Kendra laughed, listening to his quick jumping around. "Is there somewhere I could actually speak to you in private about it more? It's highly confidently." Peter stopped his jumping, looking at Kendra confused.

"Aunt May is cool, she can hear things." Kendra raised her eyebrow at him.

"Even about our confidential Spider tech that we want you to help on? I'm sorry- this is highly confidential." Kendra told him, causing Peter to realize what she meant. May raised her hands.

"I get it! It's fine. I'm going to go get a coffee and sandwich from Delmars, do either of you want anything?" May asked.

"The usual, please!" Peter pipped in. Kendra pulled out a credit card she actually took from Tony, without his knowledge.

"Get me what you think would be best. Please, put it on Tony's account." Kendra smiled as May took the card. "The pin is 0529, if they ask." May smiled.

"Thank you, I'll be back in a bit, It should give you roughly thirty minutes." She said before grabbing her keys and leaving the two alone. Peter turned to Kendra.

"Do you really work for Mr. Stark?" He asked, a bit suspicious now. Kendra laughed.

"God no. Could you imagine working for that arrogant man? No, I work for myself. I recruited all of the Avengers, and most of the other hero's popping up in New York." Kendra told him, this caused Peter's eyes to widen. Shock since he could sense she was being honest.

"Really?? So you were there when they found Captain America? Or-or when Mr. Stark became Ironman? Oh, wow. This is amazing- but why are you here? Why me?" Kendra smiled at the teenager.

"Peter, do you know what makes a Super Hero?" She asked as Peter took a seat in front of her. He shook his head, before realizing he was shaking his head at a blind woman.

"Uh- No, Ms. Fennick. I don't-"

"Call me Kendra. It's alright. I'm no one special." She winked before nodding. "Great Sacrifice. That's what makes a Super Hero. It doesn't matter what power you hold- or what abilities you have. When you make a great sacrifice, you show you have a heart."

"You mean like how Ironman carried a missile? Or how Captain America took a plane into ice??" Peter asked, his excitement clear. Kendra nodded with a smile. "Are you a super hero, Ms- Kendra?" Kendra looked at Peter. Was she a superhero? In the eyes of some- she was selfish. But so was Tony Stark.

"No. I- I don't think I am." Kendra said, solemnly.

"Wait- I haven't made any great sacrifice? So-"

"Not yet." Kendra smiled at him. "You see Peter, You have a great future ahead of you. I've seen it. Most of it at least." Peter stared at her confused. "Oh- sorry, I was gifted with seeing the Past and Future. So I saw when Tony Stark saved you as a young child. I saw when you got bit by that spider- and not to mention I saw when your friend Ned found out about you being Spider-man. Has MJ found out yet? Or- wait no, sorry too soon. Maybe its after your trip to Washington. See, I always get everything a bit jumbled up-"

"Wait-Wait! MJ finds out?! Oh, my god- Why? Wait- I'm so lost. Ned and I just friended her. Why-how would she find out?"

"Doesn't matter. It's okay that she knows. But anyway- Meet Anthony Stark at Avengers tower tomorrow around noon. Gives me enough time to let him know about you-" Kendra told him causing Peter to laugh.

"Wait- Mr. Stark doesn't even know you are here??" Kendra shook her head.

"Of course not. I don't work for him, remember? But in a way, he works for me, I suppose. Just don't tell him that." Kendra stood up as Aunt May walked back into the apartment. "I should really get going. I have some work with some Ant Tech in a bit." Peter looked at her confused about the Ants. May handed over Tony's credit card to her, along with her sandwich.

"I hope everything went smoothly." She told her, with a smile.

"Oh, it did. Can't wait to see you at Avenger's Tower tomorrow, Peter. Don't be late." Kendra told him with a smile and wink. "Thank you for your hospitality, Ms. Parker." With that Kendra left with her sandwich and walking stick.