01

.

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩.𝟏 | 𝐀𝐩𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐲

Second-person's point of view:

You walked out of the house taking your keys out of your bag to close the door behind you making sure not to wake your grandmother up.

You have a free day which means no school today. But since you live with an old lady, you need to help her out sometimes, when your grandmother will find that you took the grocery list she'll give you a long lecture telling you that she's capable of doing it herself and that she's not that old, You can already hear her scolding you..

"That will be 300¥, say hi to Ms.Sobo for me!" The cashier smiles handing you the groceries, you nod smiling in response.

You crossed out the last item on the list, finally finished buying everything written on the piece of paper, going from store to store is pretty tiring but you have to make sure to buy exactly what your grandmother needs. You still had money left to treat yourself to something, you deserve it afterall.

You walked out of the bakery holding your favorite pastry in your hand, you had a small smile spread across your face excited to eat while doing your favorite activity; drawing, and the park is the perfect place for that.

The park has always given you inspiration to draw, the birds chirping, the trees, the flowers, children running and playing around or even dogs playing with their owners, and it's even better during spring because the cherry blossoms are in full bloom and it's a beautiful sight.

You sat down on the wooden bench taking your sketchbook out of your bag along with your pencil case that contained your art supplies and started drawing.

Ever since you were a child you found drawing such an interesting hobby, how just a pen made a white paper have an image, it helps you clear your head, whenever you felt stressed, sad or off, drawing melts those negative feelings away the moment you press your pen against the paper, it always helps you navigate toxic thoughts, you can call art your therapy, in your way.

You were looking for something to draw when your eyes landed on a stray dog sleeping next to a cat under a tree, that's rare, normally these two never get along and it's perfect for a drawing! You started off with simple lines then started adding details to it.

After a while, You finished the drawing with your signature and looked at it, 'it's good but it could be better..' you thought making a difference between the real thing and the drawing, in a second, a ball smacked your sketchbook right out your hands making it fall on a file of mud.

You managed to catch the thing that hit your hands and noticed it was a volleyball "I'm so sorry!!!" someone yells running towards you "I didn't mean to hit you I'm so sorry! are you okay miss?!" the owner of the volleyball asks bowing non-stop, He then rushed to pick your sketchbook up, only to find some drawings completely filthy, he tried to get rid of the dirt on it but he failed "I'm so sorry, I ruined it..it's my fault.." he mumbled still trying to clean it.

It seemed like the guy isn't going to give up on cleaning the ruined sketchbook, so you decided to finally get up and walk towards him and bent down "don't worry about it, it's okay." you put a hand on his shoulder and smiled gently to reassure him; putting a hand on his head ruffling his orange hair gently, you gave him his ball back and took the sketchbook kindly from his hands.

You flipped through the pages to see a couple of your sketches got dirty, you were upset that your effort went to waster but you didn't want to show it or else he'll feel even more guilty about it than he already is, so you decided to act like it's not a big deal.

You walked towards the bench to pick your stuff up and leave, you smiled while waving at the boy and started to take your leave, when you started walking away someone held your wrist making you stop in your tracks, you turned to look at the person and it was the same boy looking up at you.

"It's not okay!" he yells "you put so much time and effort on your drawings and I just ruined them because of my carelessness, that's not okay at all!" he exclaimed looking you directly in the eye "I won't leave until you really forgive me, I'll do whatever to make it up!" you were surprised hearing those words, anyone would've just let this go but him, he's being so..obstinate.

The little orange head turned bright red when he realized he's still holding your wrist "I'm sorry!" he exclaimed letting go of your hand, bowing again, a smile made its way to your lips as you stared at the flustered boy "very well then, I think I can forgive you, if you model for me." the boy straightens his posture looking serious all of a sudden giving you a salute, 'a soldier..?' you thought tilting your head in confusion.

"I'll see you tomorrow at 15:00 then." you smiled, both of you waving at each other, your mind flashed back to that little orange haired as you walked past a couple of kids, you chuckled when you remembered him, you've never seen anyone with such determination before and you wanted to know more about that little guy.

'He sure is something, that elementary school boy.'