one

Peter Parker.

I know who he is, we've been in the same classes since like, kindergarten.

We're also neighbors, but he probably doesn't even know that.

He's a photographer, Flash pushes him around. Right now I'm sitting outside of school in the courtyard and I see him approaching a crowd.

"Gwen, I'll be right back.'' I say slowly standing up and making my way over. I'm about to reach the crowd when I hear flash say something from the middle. Of course.

"Eat your vegetables Gordon, come on!" he shouts at the kid he is currently carrying over the table. "Hey Parker, come on, get a picture!"

"Aubrey, they're getting really rowdy, I think you should just stay here." Gwen suggests from the table.

"Gwen, he's a bully.'' I rebut. She's about to reply when she is cut off by a voice shouting.

"Put him down! Eugene!'' I hear. I whip my head around to see who was crazy enough to call Flash by his real name. I see everyone in the circle staring at Peter in disbelief. Before I can even react, I hear everyone shout oohs and aahs. I immediately make my way over, going against Gwen's suggestion.

"Get up, come on!'' I hear a Flash shout. I pick up my pace to get there as quickly as possible. "Stay down, Parker!" At that, I finally make my way into the middle, met with a hurting Peter on the floor and flash waved his arms cockily and victoriously. "Who wants one more?!"

"Flash!" I intervened. He turns around to face me. "What is wrong with you?" I say in a normal voice"

"What do you mean, he picked a fight, he--"

"Enough, flash. Go, you've done enough." he hesitates before he heeds the girl's advice and walks away. She crouches down to be more level with the boy on the floor. "Are you ok?"

"Yeah," he grunts. "Just fine." he slowly gets up, reaching for his now broken camera as Aubrey walks away, sparing one last glance at the boy on the floor before catching up with Gwen to go to class.

🕷🕷🕷

Aubrey is seated in class, talking a bit with Gwen when Peter walks in and takes his seat next to her.

"That was stupid, what you did out there. But it was good. We need more good." she says to him with a small smile. "But it was really stupid." she adds. "You should probably go to the nurse's office, you might have a concussion."

Peter simply nods along to her words, not really having any input.

"What's your name?" she asks with a small smile.

"You don't know my name?" he asks, seemingly taken aback.

"No, I know your name. I've known your name since elementary school. I just wanna know if you know your name."

"Peter." he says in a small voice, as she raises her eyebrows to indicate she's waiting for more. "Parker. Peter parker." he lets out a breathy chuckle.

"Okay, good." she laughs a bit at the boy. She turns back to face the front and after a beat of silence, she turns back to the dorky boy. "I'd still go to the nurse, though. Just to be safe."

"You're Aubrey right?"

"Mhm." she smiles at him before turning her attention back to the front.

🕷🕷🕷

Aubrey goes through the day as normal, going to her classes, having lunch with Gwen, walking home to change into comfier clothes, then heading down the street to her neighbor's to babysit.